F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Lariat 4WD
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay experts, armchair mechanics and onlookers....

While the consensus is that there is no real gain for an otherwise stock motor in changing the hot/cold piping or a CAI for that matter, this is not what this discussion is about, so going off into the weeds about that aspect will not gain any points. :cool:

Onward:

What is the difference between piping from 2011-14, 15-16 and 17+?

Specifically is it possible to use say a set of 12 model hot pipes on a 15 or 16, or some from a 15-16 on a 17+?

Based on looking at pictures, it is difficult to see a real difference between years other than factory connection points being plumbed into the sides of the pipes, omitted from others. Etc.

I did read a series of threads where someone was attempting to replace stock piping with some AMS products from another year.

Any information is appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 Lariat 4WD
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To be clear, I have searched and read multiple threads about piping, but it is not clear based on the question asked above.

Specifically, is there interchangeability between years for piping, hot or cold?

Not looking for hardcore modification information, simply seeking to find if anyone has the knowledge.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
American Trucks has a good illustration for both sets. You can see the different layouts well. KM

·
Registered
2015 Lariat 4WD
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Butthead, appreciate the response. That answered the question I had perfectly.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Okay experts, armchair mechanics and onlookers....

While the consensus is that there is no real gain for an otherwise stock motor in changing the hot/cold piping or a CAI for that matter, this is not what this discussion is about, so going off into the weeds about that aspect will not gain any points. :cool:

Onward:

What is the difference between piping from 2011-14, 15-16 and 17+?

Specifically is it possible to use say a set of 12 model hot pipes on a 15 or 16, or some from a 15-16 on a 17+?

Based on looking at pictures, it is difficult to see a real difference between years other than factory connection points being plumbed into the sides of the pipes, omitted from others. Etc.

I did read a series of threads where someone was attempting to replace stock piping with some AMS products from another year.

Any information is appreciated.
That might be me, but I’ve got no strut mounts, coil buckets ,or ford upper control arms ,plus I’ve got custom inner fenders so I’m thinking it might work taking AMS 17+ and installing it on a 2014

·
Registered
2015 Lariat 4WD
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boosted, that was your thread. Good information there.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
If there are no gains to be had, why would you want to use a different year/ generation of pipes?? Are certain years cheaper to buy?

·
Registered
2015 Lariat 4WD
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DNA, while this is agreed upon, it was brought up because of the following:

Several of my coworkers have 3.5 trucks ranging from 11 to 18. Two of them have parts laying around and were talking about trading, one is a set of used pipes.

Initially I was of the belief that the 3.5 was the same just different improvements as the years progressed, however after doing a lot more reading and otherwise research I realize I was wrong.

Certainly appreciate the information and knowledge from the folks here.

Reactions: snakebitten
1 - 8 of 8 Posts