F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just wanted to say I am pretty new to the forum but absolutely love it. A ton of great information and people.

I should state that I am a recent Ford convert. I've never 'hated' on the company before, but my family and I have owned German cars for pretty much as long as I can remember. However, I just got a hold of a 2011 EB which has really blown me away, Im obsessed with it.

ANYWAY, my question: I know all the differences between certain car makes and their different trim packages, but one thing that has been really difficult for me to research and learn more about is just the differences in trim packages for the F-150's. Ford has made so many different models of just the new F150 and ways to customize them.... which is great! But, it leaves a ton to learn. :confused:

What I've gathered so far is the LT is the base, then the XLT, then the FX4, then the Platinum, then Raptor, if you even want to put it in the F150 EB realm. lol

HOWEVER, what I've narrowed it down to is like the title says, what is the difference in off-road packages? My truck is the XLT 2011 F150 EB 4x4 Towing & OFF-ROAD package.

What is the difference between my suspension and lets say, one in the FX4? (which I have heard is the top of the line for the off-road suspension)

If you guys could share some of your knowledge I'd reaaaally appreciate it!

Thanks,
Glen

·
Registered
59 Posts
Off-Road package gives you a slight lift kit, skid plates, different tires, and a sticker.

There's no real difference in the suspension, I think. They just use lift blocks.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
216 Posts
They've got the same tires. Which really sucks. I've got the fx4 and the first time I had it off road I got stuck in "wet grass" because the tires suck so bad. At least the z71 has decent bridgestone allterains on it.

To my knowledge the only difference between the 4x4 and offroad or fx4 is the shocks and skid plates. In 2011&12 the offroad and fx4 also included the 3.73 rear end but now you can get both with 3.55.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The off road package doesn't include any lift blocks or additional height over non-off road package models.

For 2013 model year.

The off road package option for the XLT includes: 3.55 electronic rear differential, skid plates for fuel tank, transfer case, and front differential, off road tuned shocks for the front, 265/70/17 all terrain tires, 4x4 off road decals, hill descent control.

The FX4 standard trim includes: 3.55 electronic rear differential, skid plates for fuel tank, transfer case, and front differential, 275/65/18 all-terrain tires, FX4 off road decals.

It would appear the only difference for the 2013 model year between the XLT optional off road package and the standard FX4 trim is the shocks, considering the suspension and chassis only.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I think the fx4 is more of an aesthetic package. Mechanically the same as off road package

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, thanks guys! Gives me some more info.

I just gotta get some better tires for this beast.

·
Registered
250 Posts
there is also the Lariat

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Over the offroad, FX4 is purely aesthetic. Different standard interior w/ optional appearance pack.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
why do people keep digging up these old ass threads??

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
His name is goober. What did you expect? Plus Dos Canches made it popular as of late. ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
this is a forum there is no rule on digging up an old thread and its not that old, and what does my name and being canadian have to do with it, pretty racist.

Reactions: mikemetz82

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
I'm Canadian. & I'm funny. & I was bored. Please please take a Shawn & calm down. Thanks Goober. Plus usually goober means something else on the playground.

Everyone is so uptight on here as of late. Maybe we need more tire drama.

& saying someone is Canadian is not racist. Calling Frank a dirty Mexican kinda is. But it's still ok ;)

الله محبة

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
this is a forum there is no rule on digging up an old thread and its not that old, and what does my name and being canadian have to do with it, pretty racist.

You are correct goober, there is no explicit rule, it is more of an unwritten courtesy. This thread is old in internet time.

Had you sited more useful information than "there is also the Lariat" I believe the sarcastic comments would have been non-existent. It's all in jest and I am sorry if I have hurt your feelings. This group here is very sarcastic, but not intentionally mean, at least most of them anyway.

Please know that throwing out a racist card is not warranted as neither "Canadiens" nor "goober" are race descriptors, but rather a country of origin and nickname respectively.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I'm Canadian. & I'm funny. & I was bored. Please please take a Shawn & calm down. Thanks Goober. Plus usually goober means something else on the playground.

Everyone is so uptight on here as of late. Maybe we need more tire drama.

& saying someone is Canadian is not racist. Calling Frank a dirty Mexican kinda is. But it's still ok ;)

الله محبة
You beat me to it and I do not have the ability to "like" your post. What gives?! You disable likes?!

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I liked that post

It's the Thuggish Ruggish Bone

Fired from the other forum... thrice

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Hey goob we are sorry. This can be a sarcastic place but trust me we are not racist. We just mess around. Except the Canadian part. We actually do hate Canadians.

It's the Thuggish Ruggish Bone

Fired from the other forum... thrice

·
Registered
250 Posts
all is good, i dont hold a grudge, just coming here to learn about my truck as I have only had it a week and seems every time I get in it I find somthing new, Just found out what 4A is and it will be very handy for the wife in the winter.

Now I have 2 more questions, when I bought my truck they said they did an oil change and today I looked at the air filter and it is as black as the ace of spades, I dont think it has ever been changed, the truck is a 2012 and had 67000kms on it when I picked it up. Should this have been changed when they did the oil change? And I looked under the truck and noticed that one of the square gromits is missing from the skid plate where the oil filter is located, if this was missing I think the lube tech should have said something and it be replaced.
Now I think I should replace the spark plug because it seems like they will need replaced too, what would be the best plugs for replacements?

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Oh and goober I always thought ment small and petit. lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts