F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here are pictures of my truck. Any suggestions on what can I do to make it look more.......contrasted/meaner without looking cheap or trying to make it look like style that it clearly is not? Originally when I bought this truck I was looking for an all white or all gray or black truck. I went with this one due to price to features ratio. I REALLY like the blacked out/smoked look. Unfortunately I do not think I can pull that look off unless I change the wheels and running boards (as well as the grill). I do not have the greatest artistic eye for this kind of stuff besides hardware.

Note:
- I actually really like the lariats chrome grill.
- I do not wish to add more chrome!
- It is not oxford white. It is White Platinum Metallic.

Will def do:
- larger mud tires
- leveling kit

Considering:
- window tint
- off road lights behind the grill
- Painting bumpers to match the truck

View Profile: Eboost14 - F150 Ecoboost Forum

Thanks for the suggestions!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well that is a complex question. This is what I would do to start. Take orange mirror lens out and paint same white as truck. Def new tires and rims will make a big difference. If your keeping the chrome grill I would take the emblem out and paint the blue part white to match truck as well (would do rear as well). Stubby antenna would look better too, may not work as good but looks better. Do those little things and it will be like a whole new truck

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that is a complex question. This is what I would do to start. Take orange mirror lens out and paint same white as truck. Def new tires and rims will make a big difference. If your keeping the chrome grill I would take the emblem out and paint the blue part white to match truck as well (would do rear as well). Stubby antenna would look better too, may not work as good but looks better. Do those little things and it will be like a whole new truck
I agree, its a complex task! Those are the suggestions I was looking for as had not thought of that!

THANKS!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Lose the bottom air dam, get a chrome billet grill (I know you said no to more chrome, but it will match the upper grill) for the intercooler hole, def window tint like 20% to match the back glass, maybe lose the 4x4 stickers to clean up the bed area.

·
Registered
245 Posts
pull the Ecoboost emblems off off the doors, pull the 4x4 stickers off (use a heat gun for both), mask off the entire truck except the gold on the bottom, the chrome grill, nerf bars and bumper. Matte black plasti dip ALL of it. Its cheap, easy, and if you don't like it you just pull it off. Tint the windows, throw a 2.5" leveling kit on the front, and 35's all the way around. Pull the F150 emblems off the tail gate and fenders, pull them apart an have the inside part painted the same white as your truck, and the chrome outline pained matte black, replace the stock tail lights with Raptor tails.. Like you I HATE chrome! And do NOT pull off your front lower air dam. Its there for a reason as it directs air up into the radiator/intercooler, I have read about people pulling it off and then having overheating problems. The only time it should be pulled off is when you are off roading.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tint
White out the Ford emblems (getting rid if the blue yet keeping chrome letters)
White on the mirror reflectors
HID fogs to match headlights
Flashbacks in the front signals
Upgraded reverse lighting
Short antenna
White on the insert on the F150 emblems

It can be an endless list. Most of these are fairly inexpensive, but add a great deal of "look" to the truck that can set yours apart from the rest. I love that metallic white!!

Good luck modding

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
pull the Ecoboost emblems off off the doors, pull the 4x4 stickers off (use a heat gun for both), mask off the entire truck except the gold on the bottom, the chrome grill, nerf bars and bumper. Matte black plasti dip ALL of it. Its cheap, easy, and if you don't like it you just pull it off. Tint the windows, throw a 2.5" leveling kit on the front, and 35's all the way around. Pull the F150 emblems off the tail gate and fenders, pull them apart an have the inside part painted the same white as your truck, and the chrome outline pained matte black, replace the stock tail lights with Raptor tails.. Like you I HATE chrome! And do NOT pull off your front lower air dam. Its there for a reason as it directs air up into the radiator/intercooler, I have read about people pulling it off and then having overheating problems. The only time it should be pulled off is when you are off roading.
Where did you read about trucks overheating because of the air dam removal?

It's there to keep air moving around the front of the truck instead if under it.....

Saying your truck will overheat because of the removal of the air dam is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Where did you read about trucks overheating because of the air dam removal?

It's there to keep air moving around the front of the truck instead if under it.....

Saying your truck will overheat because of the removal of the air dam is ridiculous.

Does the truck handle any worse in heavy wind without it? Maybe even worse fuel economy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.