F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jason, my wife wants new fog lights 4 birthday for 2011 Explorer. Hers is a limited and she has the HIDs in it and I want the fog lights to match the best she can't stand the way it looks with it being two different colors LOL. Also a while back I ordered a cheaper set of LED lights for my 2013 limited F150 and they don't match for crap. So my question is what is the best temperature range, and type of Lights if it is not diode Dynamics. Also is there any kind of a deal for the return customer / multi buy LOL. Would love to know your opinions on the types and temps to match the best thanks in advance as always

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Hey Jason, my wife wants new fog lights 4 birthday for 2011 Explorer. Hers is a limited and she has the HIDs in it and I want the fog lights to match the best she can't stand the way it looks with it being two different colors LOL. Also a while back I ordered a cheaper set of LED lights for my 2013 limited F150 and they don't match for crap. So my question is what is the best temperature range, and type of Lights if it is not diode Dynamics. Also is there any kind of a deal for the return customer / multi buy LOL. Would love to know your opinions on the types and temps to match the best thanks in advance as always
A 5000K color temperature is the best match for the Explorers with HIDs. Unfortunately, Diode Dynamics doesn’t have an H11 LED conversion kit in 5000K. They only have 5000K HID Kits.

I can see if OLM has one of their H11s in a 5000K or 5500K, but it’ll probably have to wait until Thursday when I’m back in the office.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever you say buddy. That's why I asked you for your opinion if you think it's a better kit I would do that same one for my F150. If you would prefer you can PM me or I can give you a call when you're back in the office.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jason I know you were probably slammed your first day back but I still wanted to get with you about the fog lights for my wife her birthday is January 16th so I want to get them ordered I would love to talk to you about mine and hers and get it going thanks. Just let me know when a good time for you is

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Hey Jason I know you were probably slammed your first day back but I still wanted to get with you about the fog lights for my wife her birthday is January 16th so I want to get them ordered I would love to talk to you about mine and hers and get it going thanks. Just let me know when a good time for you is
I shot an email over to my OLM supplier, so I should have part numbers and availability here sometime today, and it won't take me long to get them added to the site once I have that info.

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
It looks like OLM only has an AL Series Kit in 5500K. It's a pretty basic kit, and the color isn't going to be 100% perfect, but it's the closest we can get right now.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you sir, will you be in the office today?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome sir I will do it....what about my 13 Limited, what will match the best for it? I cant have her more Blingy than me

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Jason can you post the Link to which one matches mine the best?
What is the difference in the 3 different types of diode dynamics

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Awesome sir I will do it....what about my 13 Limited, what will match the best for it? I cant have her more Blingy than me
Hey Jason can you post the Link to which one matches mine the best?
What is the difference in the 3 different types of diode dynamics
Sorry for just getting back to you. My son managed to bring home plague from kindergarten, and I was out sick yesterday.

The best match for the F150s with HIDs is also 5000K. Again, unfortunately, Diode Dynamics can't do much for you unless you're willing to go with one of their HID Kits.

If you want to one-up the wife, your best bet would be the OLM Alpha Series H10s, which are at 5500K.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I told the wife the plan of my lights and she said then you better order me the same lol. So I figured I would go the same route so I didnt have to hear it later. I hope you feel better sir, its not fun mine is almost 2 and daycare has some new found diseases I swear. Thanks so much for the time and order is placed sir....

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lights came in today and I installed them, they look great in my truck and my older LEDs from my F150 fit perfect in my Tacoma.....and she loves the way hers look she said she will now use her fogs since she couldnt stand the way the other ones looked she left them off. Thanks Jason for the time and help

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Lights came in today and I installed them, they look great in my truck and my older LEDs from my F150 fit perfect in my Tacoma.....and she loves the way hers look she said she will now use her fogs since she couldnt stand the way the other ones looked she left them off. Thanks Jason for the time and help
It was my pleasure. Glad everything worked out to your liking.

Let us know if you need anything else!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts