F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to disable the horn honk feature when exiting a running vehicle.

Vehicle running.
Key fob in pocket.
Exit vehicle.
Close door.
Double horn honk to wake people.

There must be a fix or feature that can be disabled.

Please advise.

Bobby9621 Build Sponsored by edgeautosport sent from mobile

Registered
My Hyundai beeps when same thing. Not sure you can disable as its letting you know the obvious.

Registered
I would really like to disable the horn honk feature when exiting a running vehicle. Vehicle running. Key fob in pocket. Exit vehicle. Close door. Double horn honk to wake people. There must be a fix or feature that can be disabled. Please advise. Bobby9621 Build Sponsored by edgeautosport sent from mobile
In an earlier thread this was referred to as the "hey stupid" honk lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Lol yeah, ford did it because people would leave the vehicle running in a garage by accident. I understand the why, I just want the choice.

Registered
maybe don't leave the truck running and put the key in your pocket?? I would assume you have push button start?
Or leave the keyfob in the truck when you get out!

Registered
That's what the little numbers are for on the door, if I'm getting out someplace "undesireable" and leaving my "investment" unattended but I feel the need to leave it running, I push the two buttons and lock it, if I keep the fob in my pocket and I don't want the "hey stupid" honk I either push the little button on the dashboard (and turn it off) or I just close the door to the first latch and leave it ajar...

Registered
Will handle sensor allow you to open it if the fob is in the truck??

--------------

It's pretty easy for me to say that the most important thing in my life is my relationship with Jesus Christ, followed by my relationship with family. Everything else comes later.

Registered
Will handle sensor allow you to open it if the fob is in the truck?? -------------- It's pretty easy for me to say that the most important thing in my life is my relationship with Jesus Christ, followed by my relationship with family. Everything else comes later.
No, not unless you have the second keyfob on your person

Administrator
Ok, so far you must leave the fob in the truck and use the key pad. I hope someone discovers a fix.

Dude, seriously?? If you wanted to leave your truck running and get out then you should have just bought a Flintstones car.

The reason it honks at you is YOU HAVE THE KEYS IN YOUR POCKET! hit the two right buttons when you get out and shut your door (leaving your fob in the truck) then walk away.

hope you know the code to get back in.

Registered
Well, unfortunately im not an idiot. I don't need the stupid money pit telling me it's running... no **** sherlock I can hear you idle ... I'm not going to lock my door with key inside everytime I jump out of my truck while it's running to toss garbage or grab something quick. There needs to be a disable like the retarded rear seat reminder... I'm sorry but who forgets their kids.... I don't need my truck policing me. Lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts