F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw on a YouTube video a way to disable the Stop/Start feature on my truck using a trailer connection tester. I must be doing something wrong because it doesn't work for me. Anybody else tried this? I need some help.

I have confirmed that I'm using the right test device.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also tried it and it did not work. There is another YouTube video which shows how to jumper the switch and disable auto-stop-start; but I had mine disabled at the dealership when they installed my remote start module.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do you get the "trailer connected" message on the gauge cluster?

Never tried this. I just push the dash button myself. (when I remember that is)
Yes I did and it worked for a couple of stops. Driving down the road for a while I also get a "Trailer Disconnected" message. The video didn't identify the year model of the truck but I did notice the two buttons instead of only one like the 2018 has. I'm guessing Ford must have changed up the wiring a little or the programming. It worked on the truck in the video so there has to be something different.

I also tried it and it did not work. There is another YouTube video which shows how to jumper the switch and disable auto-stop-start; but I had mine disabled at the dealership when they installed my remote start module.
I saw that. I'm not sure if I want to go to that much trouble.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes I did and it worked for a couple of stops. Driving down the road for a while I also get a "Trailer Disconnected" message. The video didn't identify the year model of the truck but I did notice the two buttons instead of only one like the 2018 has. I'm guessing Ford must have changed up the wiring a little or the programming. It worked on the truck in the video so there has to be something different.

I saw that. I'm not sure if I want to go to that much trouble.
I'll bet that the computer determined that the tester doesn't draw enough amps as a full set of brake lights on a real trailer, it decided that there was no trailer and went back to normal start stop mode !

Last Sept I took care of A.S.S. and I began to really like my truck.

Just one bad feature in my book.

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Forscan

Reactions: DrewNJ

·
Registered
13 Posts
correction.. My error for not reading the OP complete.. mine works not connected to a trailer.. I have not tested it with our trailer connected

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had the 2018 2 weeks. It looks to me that if you go into the Settings - Vehicle - you can turn off the Auto On Off feature. Does that not permanently turn the feature off?

Post Edit. Turning off start stop from the dash menu did not keep it off after parking for few minutes with truck off. I can see how this might get annoying

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have had the 2018 2 weeks. It looks to me that if you go into the Settings - Vehicle - you can turn off the Auto On Off feature. Does that not permanently turn the feature off?

Post Edit. Turning off start stop from the dash menu did not keep it off after parking for few minutes with truck off. I can see how this might get annoying
The Auto Start/Stop feature can not be permanently turned off with the factory stock software settings. Forscan is the only software that I'm aware of that can do that.

·
Administrator
10,623 Posts
All that is for is the auto shutoff built in after an extended idling session. 15 min or something. Supposedly.
Also:

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Administrator
7,854 Posts

·
Administrator
4,079 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just got my 2018 XLT FX4 2.7 last Saturday, and disabling that auto start-stop "feature" was one of the things at the top of my list. I watched some YouTube videos on how to do this: one showed removing the switch and using a jumper wire to more or less keep the switch on; another showed sticking a trailer test thing into either the 4-pin or 7-pin connector at the back, to "fool" the truck into thinking there's a trailer back here; and one I found last night which showed simply unplugging a wire harness.

Going into "Settings" and turning it off on the screen doesn't permanently disable it. I didn't like the idea of "fooling" the system into thinking I was towing a trailer, because I wasn't sure if I would still be able to use the Sport mode in the transmission, or be able to turn traction control off, or what else doing that would do to the truck. So I was going to do the jumper wire trick on the actual switch itself, until I saw this video last night. All the guy did was unplug this small wire harness that was in the driver's side footwell, by the brake pedal, and that was it. Tested it this morning, drove 20 minutes to work, pulled into my parking spot, left the car in Drive, foot on the brake, and it stayed running. I'll test it more today, but so far so good...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts