F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
Mine aren't curved alot but seems more than that. I know what springs to look for now 馃憤馃徏

Reactions: JKEcoboost

Registered
Yes, that's the OEM "overload" spring.. We all have them. Just the regular, even Maxtow trucks only have the 3 total leaves.

They do look a little 'flat', but I think that's the way they come.

This is mine when it's jacked up by the frame (before I put my Hellwig's on it)

This is them after the Hellwigs are on and jacked up under the axle.

There was some weight in the bed too.. It wasn't empty, that's for sure..

I have since cranked up on the U bolts on the Hellwigs to give them more tension under load sooner...

Mitch

Registered
2016 Lariat 4x4 SCREW HDPP
Discussion Starter #43
The pics I took are with an empty bed. Just want to cover my bases. If they need to be replaced I feel it鈥檚 a pretty easy job, so might as well do it if necessary. Also don鈥檛 want to spend any unnecessary time/money.

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
Appreciate all the help... After another trip and a worse overheat, I鈥檝e decided to suck it up and purchase a new F250. Found a pretty good deal on a 2019 Platinum.

Registered
Appreciate all the help... After another trip and a worse overheat, I鈥檝e decided to suck it up and purchase a new F250. Found a pretty good deal on a 2019 Platinum.
Im getting there. The new 7.3L is sounding better and better.

Where are you towing and what kind of ambient temperatures were you seeing?

Premium Member
I've never been disappointed towing with either the 2.7EB or the Gen2 3.5EB

But I haven't towed heavy enough to be disappointed. Always enough headroom for power and cooling.

Still, I too have my eyes on that sweet 7.3 gasser. (Depending on future RV needs) The only difference is that I'm keeping my F150 3.5EB regardless.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Registered
I've never been disappointed towing with either the 2.7EB or the Gen2 3.5EB

But I haven't towed heavy enough to be disappointed. Always enough headroom for power and cooling.

Still, I too have my eyes on that sweet 7.3 gasser. (Depending on future RV needs) The only difference is that I'm keeping my F150 3.5EB regardless.

I could tow a lot more weight if it were not for my cooling and manifolds preferring to leak.

I love the truck and the power but just kinda sick of having to baby it for fear of it self destructing. I know I am asking a lot from mine towing in the Rockies full time.

Reactions: JKEcoboost

Premium Member
I could tow a lot more weight if it were not for my cooling and manifolds preferring to leak.

I love the truck and the power but just kinda sick of having to baby it for fear of it self destructing. I know I am asking a lot from mine towing in the Rockies full time.
I totally get it. Just hope fetching a better tow truck doesn't mean you have to compromise the superior non-towing experience (and FUN) of the F150.

In other words, different tools for different missions.

I just don't expect the empty daily driver experience in an F250-350 to be a grin generator. (I was a SuperDuty only snob for years) I could live with it, of course, but hope I'm not forced to.

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
Towing in Colorado. One 8% grade that isn鈥檛 very long. Last time it started midway up the grade, but I was able to drive 25 mph and make it up. This time it started overheating on the flats before the grade and I had to pull over 3/4 up the grade. Radiator reservoir was blowing off steam. Had to wait like 20 min for cool off. Then going back home (the downhill side), it was pushing temps the entire way home.

Registered
Discussion Starter #50
I didn鈥檛 check ambients, but I鈥檓 guessing mid 90s

Registered
Discussion Starter #51
I have an opportunity to purchase a SD outright with my business. Also getting what I think is a really good deal on a new 2019 (under invoice). So I figured perfect storm, I should take advantage.

Registered
Towing in Colorado. One 8% grade that isn鈥檛 very long. Last time it started midway up the grade, but I was able to drive 25 mph and make it up. This time it started overheating on the flats before the grade and I had to pull over 3/4 up the grade. Radiator reservoir was blowing off steam. Had to wait like 20 min for cool off. Then going back home (the downhill side), it was pushing temps the entire way home.
I didn鈥檛 check ambients, but I鈥檓 guessing mid 90s
Yup. I'm in Utah. Same kind of deal, although my truck has gone to reduced power mode before I lost my coolant.

Registered
Discussion Starter #53
Mine did the same, but temps kept creeping so I pulled off to be safe. Temps still climbed after I stopped, then coolant dumped

41 - 53 of 53 Posts