F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, hadn't seen much on this, mostly for older models, but if you're wondering where to tap into for your boost/vacuum gauge for your 2013/2014 then this is the best spot. I tried off the passenger turbo tube, but it wasn't accurate and it didn't read vacuum there either. This spot was recommended by a Ford tech I know at the dealership where I got my truck, and it worked great for me. It is a hard plastic hose underneath a layer of rubber, so it kinda looks like a rubber hose. What I did was pop the engine cover off, cut off the rubber to expose the plastic, then cut as much as I needed to fit a vacuum line T in there, rigged it all up, and was good to go. This is on the driver's side too FYI.

I do get a chatter in my gauge at idle, but soon as I give it gas, it goes away. Anyone know how to fix this? I know there's a fix for it, just don't know what it is, the read out is accurate though.
20140318_155310.jpg

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
^^^^ ding ding ding!! Works great!

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for posting. I had trouble when I was installing mine into my 13, took me a couple hours one night to figure out where to tap into. My '11 was different.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
OK so I have my Meth boost reference here. Is it OK to tap into my boost reference on my meth inj line for my Auto Meter gauge or do I need to find a separate source guys?

·
Registered
448 Posts
How does one do this on a 12?

2012 F150 3.5 ecoboost aka the fuel slut
soon to be SSI tuned
All the girls wanna ride
part of the %(insert what ever forum here) movement

·
Registered
83 Posts
How does one do this on a 12?

2012 F150 3.5 ecoboost aka the fuel slut
soon to be SSI tuned
All the girls wanna ride
part of the %(insert what ever forum here) movement

And a 11 as well...I assume the 11 would be the same as a 12....................

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I believe there was a write up a while ago that you grab a intake line on the passenger side. Don't have time to look it up right now but basically any small line (not the PVC line) after the throttle body on the intake manifold.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
11's and 12's are the same...on the passenger side. I'm still seeing quite a bit of flutter tapping into the above spot on my '13 with the Roush boost gauge. I wouldn't say I'm getting used to the chatter/flutter but more of the fact I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of selling it

Sent from mobile using tapatalk

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
11's and 12's are the same...on the passenger side. I'm still seeing quite a bit of flutter tapping into the above spot on my '13 with the Roush boost gauge. I wouldn't say I'm getting used to the chatter/flutter but more of the fact I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of selling it

Sent from mobile using tapatalk
Is that gauge a mechanical?

I know this Auto Meter has its own module that contains a 3 bar MAP within it. Readings seem solid and steady with it. First boost gauge I've ever installed.

Just curious to why your getting this flutter if its a mechanical gauge thing or not. Hope you get it ironed out.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I never tried the mechanical gauge, but my mechanical to electric works great.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Wouldn't a TB spacer be an ideal place for a Vac/Boost guage?

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
2,317 Posts
Reviving a super old thread! But do you happen to know what that vaccum line is called? Mine broke and I need to replace it.
You need a Boost Reference Adaptor that mounts under the MAP sensor on top of the intake.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts