F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I HATE the chrome accents on my truck and will slowly take care of them on my own one by one. My first step was my fender emblems. Since they only come in chrome or black and red I wanted something different so she doesn't look like every other F-150. So I removed the factory badges and split them into the 3 pieces they are by drilling our all the plastic 'rivets' and painted them Sonic Blue (what else) and textured metallic black. Hit them with 2k clear and baked them in the oven to cure. I love the result and won't see it on another truck. Lmk what you think.

Original for reference.

Looks mighty fine to me. I wish Ford didn't put alignment holes behind them. I hate badges. UGH

I think you used too much clear on them, I can't see a thing!!
Thank you, I wasn't going to say anything and thought it's probably just me. The combination of the color and the high gloss nature of the finish makes it difficult to see the contrast in the badge. That said, I do appreciate the amount of work that goes into this procedure.

It's just the terrible photography. In person you can see very clearly the difference...I've had a few guys at the as station ask where I bought them lol.
Seriously???

That was a joke

Um yea. New OEM emblems alone are $70... You think primer, paint (any code you give me), clear, and my time are free??
Then you sir are a monkey's uncle. lol They may be that much from where YOU are buying them. As far as the rest of your comment about being free...yeah, given the way yours turned out, they should be free. :)

Oh, how I love the ignore button ;)
You're going to miss some cool chit. I know he struck a nerve in this thread but GreyGoose has pushed the boundaries with his truck. Many of us have a lot to learn from his build.

Well since I am just now seeing this thread, you are definitely a monkey's uncle.

$75 dollars for emblems
$10 dollars for paint/materials
= $85 dollars

Do you really think the end consumer would pay for the time it takes you to paint them...AND WATCH THEM DRY? If you lowered the price to $125 then you may get a few more people to bite on these stock emblems. But if people want to pay more than double then they will just go to Custom Truck Solutions where you would get all 3 emblems and not just the side ones from a REPUTABLE company. (Web Store)

Good luck in your quest

Discussion starter · #20 · (Edited)
You clearly have no idea of the cost of materials or the time it takes to do something right. You mean reputable like the 3 Maaco franchises I own, one of which sold the most in revenue in the northeast 3 of the last 5 years? Yea, I know nothing about revenue, cost, and profit. I'm doing this as a side note because I want to not because I have to.... the set in my truck was a test for the time, materials used. If you doing like the product or price don't buy it, welcome to America. I've been in the auto body business for 20 years and I've owned my own shops for 15, it's made me into a millionaire so please give me more lessons on what I should charge for a product or service.

Well since I am just now seeing this thread, you are definitely a monkey's uncle.

$75 dollars for emblems
$10 dollars for paint/materials
= $85 dollars

Do you really think the end consumer would pay for the time it takes you to paint them...AND WATCH THEM DRY? If you lowered the price to $125 then you may get a few more people to bite on these stock emblems. But if people want to pay more than double then they will just go to Custom Truck Solutions where you would get all 3 emblems and not just the side ones from a REPUTABLE company. (Web Store)

Good luck in your quest

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.