F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a bunch of DMRs that I have been reading in my logs. I think some of these readings are bogus but does anyone know how the DMRs are calculated and what is and is not reliable? I am going to list a hand full and see if anyone can enlighten me. I know what a lot of these are but I don't know the unit of measure or what contributes to it.

if you guys can tell me anything about these I would be appreciative, even if its just the unit of measure

ACTUAL AXLE TORQUE
ACTUAL BASE ENGINE TORQUE
ACTUAL AIRFLOW BY ETC
FUEL RAIL PRESSURE ACTUAL
MBT SPARK
BORDERLINE SPARK
PREIGNITION SPARK
KNK SENSOR SPARK ADDER
INJECTOR PULSEWIDTH
EFFECTIVE THROTTLE AREA
ETC MANIFOLD VACUUM

here is a pic so you can see what they are reading and can maybe help me figure them out
Colorfulness Photograph Light Rectangle Purple

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude thank you so much for the info, it has been so hard trying to find out about some of this stuff. I am finally about to get on the dyno at a local shop on Friday. The guy did a buddy of mines car a couple weeks ago and i was told hes real knowledgable and specializes in tuning fords, tho mostly mustangs, so I am hoping I can get some more clarification. I will share what I find just to get it out there if someone else has been trying to figure it out. Really appreciate the response tho

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@mass-hole I don't think there is any chance that I try and tune anything myself anytime soon. I am just trying to understand all the info I have access to now in order to maybe spot a small problem before it becomes a big problem or identify weak points to know what to avoid and when I need to stop pushing the limits.

the octane adjust ratio is one I have seen come up a good bit, what is that pid telling me? I started watching it and it has mostly been at -.96 but it did go to -.92 for a bit today. I know it adjusts based on the fuel but I don't understand the reading or what is beneficial

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After seeing the dyno results I can't help but notice that the torque I got was almost dead on what the ACTUAL BASE ENGINE TORQUE is if that dmr reads in Newton meters and you convert it to ft lbs. But would the dyno reading be representative of my engine torque? I thought it would tell me the torque at the wheels? Is this a coincidence?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts