F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,405 Posts
Also note that while considering a potential RV to purchase, tow capacity is NOT going to be the limit your truck will hit first. That drivetrain (3.5 Ecoboost) has plenty of insane towing power.

But it IS a ½ton chassis so it will run out of Cargo Capacity first. Can you look on the driver's door jamb for what we call the "yellow sticker"?

On there is your Cargo Capacity specifically for your truck. It was weighed based on the options it came with and the unused portion of the GrossVehicleWeight that, after assembly, will be your Cargo Capacity.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Agree completely. Some of our trucks are a little soft on the back end. The cart needs helper springs, air bags, ect.. to maximize the tow-ability of the engine.
For S&Gs I priced out a similar 2020 version of my truck, then an f250 gasser, they were within $1500. What has you from looking at the SD?

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,405 Posts
Stability.
A common rule of thumb is that 110inches of wheelbase cover the first 20ft of trailer. Every 4" over that can safely tow another foot of trailer. A trailer is a sail in the wind and getting pushed around by passing semis, wind gusts, etc are worse the bigger the sail (trailer). A 145" wheelbase F150 can safely tow around 29' of trailer by the above metric. The trailer you are looking at is 5 feet longer.

What about tractors, their wheelbase is the 180", towing 53'.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.