F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, maybe the wording in the title helped get you here out of being a little curious of the subject matter..gotta ha.

But since your here, there have been a few post asking for information on various tonneau covers with little photos replies.

What I would like to ask is that if you are wearing cover protection on your truck bed would you please post a photos or two. I am not only asking for tonneau covers but also cap/shells/toppers or whatever you would like to label them.

I am looking to use my FX4 as a Toad behind the motor home and at the same time be able to secure items or purchases in the bed of the truck while traveling. I know that covers can be a PITA and places limits on load capacity of size in the bed of the truck. But, heck it is only 5.5 feet long, it already comes with set limits for space size use. If I need some real hauling capacity I'll hook up a trailer for those Lowes/Home Depot/Farm and Ranch times.

So if you would post me some photos of your truck with cover in place. OR give me your personal thoughts on the subject.

I appreciate your time and feedback.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Personally, a tonneau cover is a great thing. The way that manufacturers make them has come a long way from what they were. You have the option to get soft, hard and even a more modular version. I have been looking at the Bakflips. They are a hard cover that makes it easy to use by allowing you to fold and remove quickly and put back on in a snap. So you can still get full use of the bed and have the options to lock items up in the bed as thoough it were a trunk of a car. So that is perfect if you do a day shopping with the family or just getting groceries. Just do your shopping research and find one that fits your lifestyle and convenience.
Here are a couple of links to ones that I have been eyeing.
BAK BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover - Best Reviews & Video Install Guides for BakFlip G2 Truck Bed Covers
Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit Tonneau Cover - Reviews & Installations

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have a classic soft snap tonneau on mine. It increased my fuel economy and really looks nice. Best part about it was my wife saw it in the clearance pile at Meijer. It was listed as a fit for a 2008 short bed F-150, but it fit my 13 EcoBeast like a glove! $49.00

SPPD

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only thing nicer than a sweet mod accessory it to find it at a bargain price. I gave your post a "like", make sure your wife gets it...she earned it.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367017332.535237.jpg

This a Leer 700R. It is their base model, but it can have some accessories or packages added. I added a Thule Roof Rack system and they are putting dog screens and a slider in the front. Leer has many options and they all look good. Happy hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 675
This a Leer 700R. It is their base model, but it can have some accessories or packages added. I added a Thule Roof Rack system and they are putting dog screens and a slider in the front. Leer has many options and they all look good. Happy hunting!
Simply put, I LIKE THAT in a big way!!!

Would you mind sharing what price range the basic top runs without the roof rails. Is that a gel-coat white or painted to match?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Noticed all of that white snow in the back ground. We get that down Texas way from time to time also. This is what a 16" Texas fresh powder looks like.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Simply put, I LIKE THAT in a big way!!!

Would you mind sharing what price range the basic top runs without the roof rails. Is that a gel-coat white or painted to match?
I paid about $2700. I think it was $2400 before shipping and roof rails. This was also before the slider or the screens and it is painted to match. Took a month for it to get to me (Alaska). When I drove a truck back with a buddy, he found a decent one on Craig's List before we drove up.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been watching Craigslist, but not much offered for the 5.5 mini bed Fords down here. Your truck looks great!!!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Yeah, I kind of wondered. Since that picture I've installed mud flaps and removed the FX4 decals. Looks like a totally different truck. Tint was too dark for AK, so that got removed. It will go back again for tint later. Lots of things are on the list. Brush Guard, Running Lights...list is long and expensive.

Enjoy looking for things and making improvements to yours! Keep posting pics as the build goes on so we can all steal...I mean share ideas. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367021212.933616.jpg

·
Registered
495 Posts
Only with chicks I don't know that well!
As far as bed covers never been a fan of them since they limit access to the bed and in reality do not return that big of an increase in mileage to warrant the hassle of using one.
Don

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only with chicks I don't know that well!
As far as bed covers never been a fan of them since they limit access to the bed and in reality do not return that big of an increase in mileage to warrant the hassle of using one.
Don
I knew someone would chime in on the wording used in the Topic Heading, kind of surprised it took this long however...LOL

I fully understand your position with your comment, but the protection in this case with the F150 is more in the form of Security Protection, not life/health protection.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Which mud flaps did you go with?
I think I used the DuraFlaps. USA made. I'll have to check when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I knew someone would chime in on the wording used in the Topic Heading, kind of surprised it took this long however...LOL

I fully understand your position with your comment, but the protection in this case with the F150 is more in the form of Security Protection, not life/health protection.
Understand however with the huge cargo area in the back seat most things that need secured or weather protected will fit in that area.
Having another older truck for me means anything ugly I need to haul will go in that one. We are two people all kids grown n gone so 99% of time we will have the back area for securing luggage etc.
That said I still dislike covers since they interfere with loading etc and you can't put big stuff in with it on anyway
Don

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
14 Participants
Raggz
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing