F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm looking to get the ambient lighting installed does anyone have it or know anything about it I'm trying to get some info on it before I do it thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
i asked about it and it is available as a kit from Ford.com
i couldnt see where it was worth $360 for a couple LED's so i bought myself some colored LED strips from A&A Auto made by Street Glow for like $24.
they have adhesive backing and will work for what i want i just need some warmer weather and a day to wire them up.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
still a waste of money...buy the led strips like I bought for the side reflector mod, cut them to the length you want, and viola.

---all for under $30 bucks

ANNDDD, I hate seeing this on eBay auctions
No returns/exchanges on this item

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
still a waste of money...buy the led strips like I bought for the side reflector mod, cut them to the length you want, and viola.

---all for under $30 bucks

ANNDDD, I hate seeing this on eBay auctions
No returns/exchanges on this item
I didn't look that closely. Just providing the link.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Dito on that help "around here" on this forum...Dito
Thanks for the input...I really like the idea of LED strip cut to length..

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Are these on when you drive?? If so yuck!

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
the ones in my parents fusion are but they are not very bright at all...they are only located on both sides of the center console dash by the driver and passenger feet as well as 2 'rings' in the cupholders. not quite sure what changed from the 2010 fusion to a '11 '12 '13 or '14 F-150

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Oh okay. By the look in the picture on ebay it seems way to bright and distracting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My truck came with the ambient lighting option. It has lights under the dash, lights up the clear ring on the cup holders and under the seats in the rear. One thing that would be nice is if you could change the dash lights and needle lights. I don't know that I would have installed the lighting if it didn't come with the truck. For the money there are just lots of other things I would change first, but that's just me.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
My truck came with the ambient lighting option. It has lights under the dash, lights up the clear ring on the cup holders and under the seats in the rear. One thing that would be nice is if you could change the dash lights and needle lights. I don't know that I would have installed the lighting if it didn't come with the truck. For the money there are just lots of other things I would change first, but that's just me.
Thats a very good point, I know my buddies '07 Mustang you could change the lighting of the needles and gauges. Hmm...makes ya wonder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts