F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any manufacturer has a kit, I am having a difficult time finding any information on a kit. If anyone has a parts list it would be awesome. I would like to use the same filter that is currently in use.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Try searching. There are many threads about filter relocation kits. I use a Derale Dual filter kit # 15749. You will need an adaptor if you want to use the stock 22 X1.5mm pitch filter thread. I went for larger filters for more oil capacity and filtration. Check my profile for pics. There are single kits as well. Amsoil makes a great dual remote filter bypass system as well.

Reactions: noodles

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I also got a derale set up. I went with a single filter mount with side ports. Had to get parts individually as they did not have a kit with the side port set up. Weather is getting nice, and should be due for oil change next month, so it'll be installed then. I'll be using the Mobil 1 version of the FL1A filter.
FYI, I purchased mine at etrailer. Easiest way to do is get the p/n at Derale site, then enter it into etrailer site.
Mine is gonna mount in same basic location as Beaker80 has done.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Which thread? I looked through the ones in your sit but did t see anything. But I do see you want to do a full race relocation kit.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Reactions: Scott91370

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look at my thread that is curently active. I have parts you need to do it, good parts. I just need to see where to mount filter.
I can get custom hydraulic lines built near me. Just need to make sure I have the correct ends. So if I get the filter adapter and the remote housing and put this all together, how far is too far? (Line length)

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I can get custom hydraulic lines built near me. Just need to make sure I have the correct ends. So if I get the filter adapter and the remote housing and put this all together, how far is too far? (Line length)
The shorter the better, but IMO, the main thing to consider is to not have the filter higher than where the adapter is on the block, otherwise, that line will empty back when engine is off, unless you install a check valve... but then it's a whole lot more crap to worry about. I like Beaker 80's location. Out of the way of danger, short line run, and good height for preventing oil drain back.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I contacted three different people, they all said same thing. Pressure will be fine unless really long lines. They also said you won't have dry starts unless car hasent been driven in a long time because there is still a slight amount of oil film on parts. I agree though if you can mount it level or below stock location, it is probably better.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
These guys have them on the truck and did the research.

Just saying ,also, I have seen then on Amazon and Amsoil

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys!

I will gather the parts list and start saving some $$$ up

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I am hopefully figuring out a spot to month the plate this weekend, if i can find a spot...i will order the parts. Should be easy to install, just need to make sure you fit AN lines together properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts