F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a truck I like but it’s from a rental fleet and does not have a factory hitch receiver. The sales folks tell me it has a 5 prong connector.

Does the truck have everything else but the hitch receiver? I thought I read somewhere that transmission coolers are standard on the 10 speeds.

Window sticker attached.

IMG_2531.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know! I priced what I need at eTrailer. $225 and I’m in business. I’m going to shop the used rental market so I suspect I’ll see more of this. Makes sense they’d remove them on rentals.

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
I don't see anywhere on that window sticker where it states it was equipped with a hitch at all. Sway control does not mean anything as it's computer program that all trucks have, I assume the dynamic hitch assist is as well.

I've never had a rental truck that was equipped with a tow package that was removed. Especially on a Ford F150 as the hitch receiver is the whole bumper re-enforcement.

If anything it would have a 4 pin flat connector. You would then have to add the 7 pin harness and a class IV receiver.

·
Administrator
770 Posts
I retract my above comment, winchested is right. It does not (probably) have factory towing. You can however add a hitch and the wiring fairly easily.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Is there anything else in the “factory towing” package I’d be missing?
If the truck is equipped with factory towing, it will show it under Standard equipment at the top. The truck in question does not have that.
Factory brake controller is optional with the standard tow package, but included with the Max Trailer tow package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts