F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OOP’s
I have seen how to replace the bulbs. My question is I want to remove the complete unit (assembly) of the dome lamp; can this be done just by using the same type upholstery (door removal) tools?
I figure it is held up with some snap-in type clamp and knowing where to pull down or apply pressure is the trick… (That’s what she said). Once I know where to apply the downward pull does the complete assembly just pop out of the roof?

Anyone have an idea?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
You are going to need a 36 mm socket and a 15 lb soft blow hammer.....

J/k

Should pop out with a little gentle prying.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Got it!...took two sticks of dynamite and one canister of liquid flame. Ok, it took one tool, the type tool you use for pulling off the door covers, there are two clips holding it too the roof. Getting it back in was harder since you just about have to use a hammer to get the tabs deep enough to seat..
Sorry no photos, I slid the tool from the rear as if sitting in the driver seat into the area between the roof cover and the plastic assembly. Once you get the tool in slide it around to the side in a downward pressure until about middle of the assembly. Careful not to use to much downward force or pressure use the tool as a crowbar action and it pops out of the ceiling.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the hard part is not breaking the clips. I had plans to connect a dash-cam via that method, but decided to just solder some additional wire to allow the power cable reach the fuse box and use a tap-a-fuse. Safe, easy method to connect anything…

1 - 6 of 6 Posts