F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F-150 STX 4x4 Supercab
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 STX has 2400 miles on it. Went out to start it and the battery was dead. Ugh. The key fob unlocked the doors but that was about it.

I put a charger on the battery for a few hours and it fired right up.

I’m thinking that my wife or I (I’ll blame her) may have left a door ajar. But I thought on newer vehicles the dome light would be turned off by the computer after a while.

Any, after charging, it fired right up but ran ragged for a few seconds and the gauges all fluttered. Then it smoothed out and ran like normal.

So, when I shut it off I just sat in the truck until the dome light went out. Took about 30 seconds.

Then I restarted it, shut it off, and opened the drivers door but then shut it only part way. The dome light was still on after 5 minutes. So I opened the door and closed it fully and the dome light shut off again after about 30 seconds.

So, I’m keying in on the dome light but it might be something else, of course. If anyone has any ideas I’d sure like to hear them......

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Too soon to tell. Give it a few days of normal use.

It's not unheard of to get a faulty battery. A dome light could theoretically drain a good strong battery, but a weak one would succumb easily.

I've dealt with a dead 2018 King Ranch. Completely dead. But it had sat near a month. I blame it on my Ngauge possibly slow draining it, but I really can't prove that. So far the battery has held up after fully charging it. But I have had a couple of random "Check Battery charging system" alerts recently. I don't panic since the alert coincides with a current voltage reading of 14+Volts. I'm sure some BMS sensor is getting triggered.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 F-150 STX 4x4 Supercab
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wound up being a bad battery....guess it just happens.
Funny though, with all of the technology, twin turbos, 10 speed tranny, 4x4 system, and multiple computers talking to each other constantly, who would have figured the culprit would be a dumb battery?? Go figure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts