F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
I know I'm late to the party... But, after a solid year with the PowerStops, I'm still impressed! No dust, no rust on the rotors at all and the pads still have 'tons' of material left on them.

All around braking is great. I've had to slam the brakes a couple of times while TOWING because of some yo-yo cutting me off and then stomping on his brakes... It hauls down the whole rig a lot better and no brake shake like I had with the OEM's before I changed them...

P.S. This is a link to the break in procedure for the PowerStops.. I did this to the letter and it's just the way to go.. You will smell a bit of burning brake during the initial stops, but after the cool down portion and I actually drove around on step 3 for over 10 minutes before parking it and I had no burned brake smell at all..

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/B1CiMlU1iRS.pdf

Mitch

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Ditto. Over a year now. No dust, brakes still stop hard and no excess wear noticed.

I will give an update next year, unless something happens. But so far, I would definitely get them again.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Make that 3 of us. I've had to use mine once from way too fast of a speed and I did feel a little fade but if I had been on the factory I don't think I would have been able to slow down enough to not have an accident. They came right back and had great feel in less than a mile (traffic signal after exiting the highway). So far haven't had any shimmy or low pedal feeling either.
I also followed the break-in procedure and was able to drive around for about 10 minutes without coming to a complete stop afterwards so smell was minimal.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts