F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone making replacement door trim? I'm talking about the flat center section. The lariat has a wood grain, my xlt has a crappy looking plastic piece. I haven't taken the front door panels off to see if those pieces are even removable.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I think he is talking about the piece around the interior handle.

Should be easy to get your dealer to look up the part number.

I guess you could go to a few junkyards too....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it's the piece on the door panel itself by the handle. I don't want the lariat wood grain, just want something different like maybe a brushed aluminum to better match the dash parts. I may end up making some.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yeah, it's the piece on the door panel itself by the handle. I don't want the lariat wood grain, just want something different like maybe a brushed aluminum to better match the dash parts. I may end up making some.

I have seen some people have vinyl with different colors/textures wrapped on theirs. It shouldn't be too hard to do and that wrap stuff is pretty cheap. The panels I helped a friend wrap in his Legacy were easy to do and stayed put for 3 years with no issues.

A word of caution though, order more than you need for sure. The stuff has a learning curve.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Paint or have katzkin cover them.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Probably cost a bit but that is another option...
He ordered a full interior from them. It's be the best way to match the fabric.

SSG Outdoors

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my leather installed today. Looks great. I wasn't able to ask about extra material though. I'll figure something out of just leave it alone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
See my other post about Katskinz, it has pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
6 Participants
ford4thot
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing