F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 F150 3.5 EcoBoost FX4 SCREW
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this product out?
My IWE has been acting up and I'm wondering if I wouldn't just be better off replacing it with these?
If anyone has, any cons? Aside from the stated minor fuel economy hit, did your 4H and 4L still work just as well?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Everything will function as normal, the front half shafts will always spin though, where as now they do not.

I see you have a 2012. Have you ever had the front apart or done a lift? If not, I would replace the black selnoid and 3 prong check valve by the brake booster first. Start with the easiest thing first.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Everything will function as normal, the front half shafts will always spin though, where as now they do not.

I see you have a 2012. Have you ever had the front apart or done a lift? If not, I would replace the black selnoid and 3 prong check valve by the brake booster first. Start with the easiest thing first.
I did change those two pieces out and no luck unfortunately.

I had my front apart a couple of months ago to have the lower control arms and ball joints replaced. No lift.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I did change those two pieces out and no luck unfortunately.

I had my front apart a couple of months ago to have the lower control arms and ball joints replaced. No lift.
If you had the front apart and took off the axle end nut, you probably messed it up. You have to spin the wheel to engage the IWE before locking the nut back down again. @winchested please chime in on procedure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you had the front apart and took off the axle end nut, you probably messed it up. You have to spin the wheel to engage the IWE before locking the nut back down again. @winchested please chime in on procedure.
That's what I was thinking. I more then likely did mess it up.

Now I'm trying to decide to replace the IWE's or do the delete from Dorman and not have to worry about it again.

·
Registered
2020 Leadfoot Lariat
14 Posts
I went through two sets of OEM units on my '04. Swore I was going to eliminate them if I had another issue but got rid of the truck before it could happen. 16 years later and still using the same setup? Glad I paid more for it.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,004 Posts
millions of these trucks sold every year and a small percentage have the issue. Seems worse because of the internet.

·
Registered
2020 Leadfoot Lariat
14 Posts
Very true. And to be fair, I put almost 100K miles on that truck in 4 years and lots of those mile were in upstate NY where the salt in the winter is ridiculous. Everything corrodes. That truck took a beating and owed me nothing!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zero side effects other than the MPG hit.

Basically makes your truck like a GM or Dodge or Toyota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you go with the Dorman or the RCV delete? I like the fact that you can plug off the vacuum line on the Dorman and that it fits like OE and is greasable.

What type of mpg hit did you get?

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
My experience is with unplugging the vacuum lines on the IWE's and leaving them engaged. I can't say I noted any more than a 1mpg hit for hwy use.

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
My experience is with unplugging the vacuum lines on the IWE's and leaving them engaged. I can't say I noted any more than a 1mpg hit for hwy use.
The country boy IWE eliminator!

Cheap and no fuss.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
The country boy IWE eliminator!

Cheap and no fuss.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

This is what I have done currently with my pass side, see no MPG hit.

The process when doing the IWE's and tighteing the 13mm nut on the stub shaft is to either rotate the CV and make sure its locked into the IWE before tightening OR Using a mighty vac on the vacuum fitting and putting min 15" hg of vac on it before you tighten it up this opens the IWE up allowing it to be fully disengaged.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts