F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anybody that’s installed catted downpipes to a 2014 3.5l and didn’t throw a CEL? If so, brand???

My truck truck is already tuned with a cold air intake and thermostat... figured catted downpipes would be the next mod.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
336 Posts
AFAIK those dont exist. Some claim to not get cels with o2 extenders etc but the majority end up with a cel at some point so its something you have to live with

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the Full Race ProStock 3" catted for my 2018 and will throw the 420/430 every now and then. There's really nothing you can do short of disabling or putting spacers on your O2 sensors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My SPD ones are not supposed to but after 3 months they did. Added the extenders (90deg ones) and have had no problems since, coming up on 2 years and about 35k.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What do the extenders do? Do they take the O2 sensing out of the picture or do they move the sensor further in the air stream to sense better?

·
Registered
17 Posts
They move the sensor further out of the air stream to sense "better".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Remember the rear ones (the ones you move) only check to make sure the cat is working. The front ones are for tuning.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My SPD ones are not supposed to but after 3 months they did. Added the extenders (90deg ones) and have had no problems since, coming up on 2 years and about 35k.
Can you post a link or brand to exactly what adapters you got? I'm installing my SPD catted downpipes and turbo adapters this week

·
Registered
17 Posts
It was a few years ago and cannot remember where I got them (ebay most likely) but here is a photo I just took.

Reactions: Codycat91

·
Registered
2018 F-150 Lariat 4X4 Special Edition
11 Posts
Has anyone tried the AMS downpipes yet? Any codes thrown? Starting to put together what I want to do with my build & keep going back and forth on downpipes. Good portion of the info out there is 4-10 years old, but the parts probably haven't changed much.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have an '11 with Full Race catted downpipes, they threw a code about every 250 miles I think.

I installed SPD 'defoulers' or O2 extensions and I haven't had a code pop up since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts