F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum and in need of some advice. I want to install some aftermarket downpipes to my 2012 F150. I currently have an afe magnum force stage 2 air intake. I would like to keep my stock exhaust, what do you all recommend for downpipes? Brands? Catted? Catless? I am looking for that wonderful turbo sound but not a annoying rice burner sound. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have catted DPs from Stainless Works. Good build quality and no issues. I dont think you will have any issues with a ricey sound with any of the common brands when keeping the rest of your exhaust stock. I would stay with stainless steel and skip the aluminized versions.

I think Sleipnir, another forum member, has a Full Race catted dp for sale, and those are top notch.

·
Administrator
7,837 Posts
I had the same question, $$$’s best spent there.
Exactly. Sell the worthless intake and get a tuner...especially if downpipes are in the mix

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I have catted DPs from Stainless Works. Good build quality and no issues. I dont think you will have any issues with a ricey sound with any of the common brands when keeping the rest of your exhaust stock. I would stay with stainless steel and skip the aluminized versions.

I think Sleipnir, another forum member, has a Full Race catted dp for sale, and those are top notch.
Thanks for the shout-out but mine won't be for sale until after I get the truck back from Jerry. Then I'll be able to ship all my parts when I have them in hand

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I have a Full Race DP (catless) sitting in my storage unit... I would highly recommend them.
I now live in a place where I can't have Catless (easily, anywho).

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I have a Full Race DP (catless) sitting in my storage unit... I would highly recommend them.
I now live in a place where I can't have Catless (easily, anywho).
Based on your location seems like you moved to one of the two counties out there that hate catlless dp's 😝 I used to live in the country one but since moved to where I can run catless! Some places are cool and just pass you on visual. I remember having a neon Srt4 with catless pipes and almost didn't pass emissions because a few hours earlier the dps officer was there making the rounds. Guy said I would've been screwed

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to do the same thing to my '14 4x4 Screw. I am thinking about the SPD Catted version in addition to the already installed SCT x4 canned tune and AEM drop-in.

I've been lurking the forum since I bought my truck a few weeks ago and reading a lot - which lead me to the SCT X4 (I have an SCT with dyno tune from RET on my Terminated '96 Cobra), leveling kit and the Dry - Drop in A/F. I'll probably stop there for a while as far as performance mods other than investing in in a custom tune when the $$ frees up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went with Livernois as American Racing makes their downpipes. Always had good luck with ARH products for my mustang and friends corvettes in the past. The livernois DP didn't let me down in those aspects.

Happy with mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts