F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 93, xxx miles and 7 years, my '15 F150 XLT with 2.7 EcoBoost finally developed the dreaded oil pan leak. Of course, I noticed this after changing the oil. The leak isn't bad, just seeping from the front area of the pan. I know over time it will getting worse, but it's not dripping on the driveway yet.

Out of curiosity, I called the local Ford dealer (Gullo in Conroe, TX) and was quoted $1300 for a replacement. Seems a little steep, but I do have a 4x4 and that complicates the process.

I did locate a video on YouTube where a DIYer actually made a gasket. He sells these on Ebay. I emailed him and he explained why the original gasketless pan is prone to failure. He also explained why the gasket he sells works.

His ebay seller name is Ray82d. Anyone went this route when replacing the oil pan?

·
Registered
2022 502A, E350 4matic, JGC '21
29 Posts
I got rid of my '16 after the third replacement.. I noticed a pattern of using boost and then next oil change a leak. like pulling a trailer... boost. I think my motor had some blow-by which helped keep taking out the silicon gasket pans. Years later I now have a '22 with the same engine.. hoping the new pan and new EGR keeps the crankcase from pressurizing.. which I think was my '16s root cause of leaks.. figure out the root cause so you are not doing again next year.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
I wouldn’t even bother. My oil pan has less than 10k miles on it and it leaks barely as well.

Reactions: stereotype one

·
Registered
2016 F150 XLT FX4 2.7l
5 Posts
Wrong info: Might check americantrucks.com They have a metal pan for the 2.7 but it is on back order and not sure on ship date. Hopefully it comes in December like they are saying now. I don't have a leak yet but figured I'd get one before I needed it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn’t even bother. My oil pan has less than 10k miles on it and it leaks barely as well.
I got under my truck again and...just barely seeping. Think I will take my time gathering up and the parts and stuff needed for the swap. Would like to hear from someone that used the gasket from the guy on Ebay. Yes, it is a gasketless design from Ford, but he is pretty adamant his gasket works effectively.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts