F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone know of common issue with drive train. vibrations?
It's not my truck, but a coworkers. He turns in his F150 every 2-3 YRS on lease.
He has never had a issue, but this Monday he traded his lease in for a 2014 F150. and between 45-65 he gets a shutter throughout the truck.
He's supposed to call dealer. But I was just curious if anyone else had these issues or heard of.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have been dealing with what I believe is a drive line issue. Originally they rebalanced the tires.
I again complained and too a drive with a tech who pointed out the when it is coasting or in neutral the vibration goes away.
They again road force balanced the tires and this time replaced one of the rears. Why they didn't the first time was my question to them, I'm sure it didn't get worse in 1500 miles.
Recently I noticed that when going down hill with my job trailer and tow & haul on the vibration was much worse then just on the highway at 65.
The next time it goes in I'm towing my trailer down with me to show them what it does.
I had this same problem with Ford dealers with my 04 F-350, and it is why I swore I'd never again buy a Ford. I love everything about the truck but I really dislike Ford customer service. It seems that they will do as little as possible to try and make you happy. This will be the 3rd time in for the same problem. I will remind them of this and start asking at what point do I get a new truck.
I'm starting to wish I bought a Tacoma, yup half the truck but only a fraction of the problems.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have been dealing with what I believe is a drive line issue. Originally they rebalanced the tires. I again complained and too a drive with a tech who pointed out the when it is coasting or in neutral the vibration goes away. They again road force balanced the tires and this time replaced one of the rears. Why they didn't the first time was my question to them, I'm sure it didn't get worse in 1500 miles. Recently I noticed that when going down hill with my job trailer and tow & haul on the vibration was much worse then just on the highway at 65. The next time it goes in I'm towing my trailer down with me to show them what it does. I had this same problem with Ford dealers with my 04 F-350, and it is why I swore I'd never again buy a Ford. I love everything about the truck but I really dislike Ford customer service. It seems that they will do as little as possible to try and make you happy. This will be the 3rd time in for the same problem. I will remind them of this and start asking at what point do I get a new truck. I'm starting to wish I bought a Tacoma, yup half the truck but only a fraction of the problems.

On your problem. It's prob the trailer not the truck. Does it do it without the trailer?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone know of common issue with drive train. vibrations? It's not my truck, but a coworkers. He turns in his F150 every 2-3 YRS on lease. He has never had a issue, but this Monday he traded his lease in for a 2014 F150. and between 45-65 he gets a shutter throughout the truck. He's supposed to call dealer. But I was just curious if anyone else had these issues or heard of.

I have a 2013 F150 FX4 Crewcab Ecoboost. It has the 20in Pirelli tires. I've noticed a vibration between 70 and 80 pretty much since it was new. I have 11,000 miles on it now. I've taken it several times to the dealer and had tire rotated and balanced and it did not fix it. The dealer finally told me they thought it was a bad tire and sent me to a Pirelli tire dealer. The dealer replaced the tires for $64 with no questioned asked, well it still has the vibration. It should be noted i have owned 3 FX4's since 2009 and have never had this problem. Now I'm not what the heck is vibrating

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm an idiot.........maybe.......for buying this truck

2014 FX4 ECO Boost Crew Cab

Bought it last Thursday. I noticed the vibration on 3 different FX4's I test drove. Myself and the sales person wrote it off as the concrete tolls were were driving on. Should have gone elsewhere at that point. On Tuesday the dam truck would not start due to the issue where it gets empty on a grade if less then 1/4 a tank. I am over that and decided to deal with it, but now this vibration thing is driving me crazy. Between about 65 and 85 it makes my stomach upset on all roads. Based on what I am reading about this once again (like the tank issue) I do not see when where anyone has successfully had it fixed and Ford continues to write it off.

If anyone has any updated info on it post up. I don't expect much.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Maybe your tires have flat spots. See if the dealer will install new for you. Maybe even pay a little for an upgrade. They may have set on the lot awhile
About the fuel issue. I like many others just keep the tank pretty full most times. Easier on the wallet, better for fuel pump, and....I would never wanna be caught with no gas if I really needed it

2011 FX4 Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune

·
Registered
873 Posts
Not sure what vibration you're talking about. I've been on this forum since it was pretty new and have read nothing about vibration while driving. I'm not saying you don't have it, but rather calm down as it's not as big an issue as you make it out to be. Trust me I bitc* about this truck constantly as being a huge disappointment as well. I have a whole lost of issues to be checked out. Have you had your dealer look at it vs what you've read online?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure what vibration you're talking about. I've been on this forum since it was pretty new and have read nothing about vibration while driving. I'm not saying you don't have it, but rather calm down as it's not as big an issue as you make it out to be. Trust me I bitc* about this truck constantly as being a huge disappointment as well. I have a whole lost of issues to be checked out. Have you had your dealer look at it vs what you've read online?
Taking it in tomorrow for the vibration. If you search for F150 vibration you will find several posts with the same issue all around 65-80 mph. Just POed that I have to take it to the dealer twice with-in the 1st week of ownership and it appears to be a problem that several have had with no resolution from Ford (just like the tank issue).

For the fuel issue, several have said to to just make sure it does not get below 1/4 a tank. Then whats the point of a 36 gallon tank if you have to fill it every ~27 gallons? 26 gallon tanks do not have this issue. I have owned 14 cars to the date and never had a fuel tank issue like this before. A service tech even laughed about it. He said "Ya, we have to coast a lot of our over flow vehicles (parked in a grass ditch on a slight decline) to get them to start."

I have found the online community is much more informed then the dealers.....or at least more honest.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I just had this fixed. it may be related, but chances are there is bearings in his diff that will come apart and it will start howling. i noticed this a while ago, and it got worse.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Taking it in tomorrow for the vibration. If you search for F150 vibration you will find several posts with the same issue all around 65-80 mph. Just POed that I have to take it to the dealer twice with-in the 1st week of ownership and it appears to be a problem that several have had with no resolution from Ford (just like the tank issue). For the fuel issue, several have said to to just make sure it does not get below 1/4 a tank. Then whats the point of a 36 gallon tank if you have to fill it every ~27 gallons? 26 gallon tanks do not have this issue. I have owned 14 cars to the date and never had a fuel tank issue like this before. A service tech even laughed about it. He said "Ya, we have to coast a lot of our over flow vehicles (parked in a grass ditch on a slight decline) to get them to start." I have found the online community is much more informed then the dealers.....or at least more honest.
Oh I def feel your pain, please follow up of you have any luck getting the vibration fixed. I was going to guess checking the ujoints condition.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine came on around 55 mph. I can look in the side mirror and watch the bed shake. Had the tires rebalanced, just moved the shake to about 60 or 65. I have 6700 miles one the truck at present. Every F250 4x4 I have owned since '97, I lost count at 12, has had the same problem. I fixed one be changing the clocking of the drive shaft by 1 spline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts