F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Sarasota, Fl.

I've had my truck since June and used to drive with my windows open at night. But a good majority of the time whenever I get back in the next day (I put up a windshield reflector) there is sometimes a heavy, heavy amount of condensation on the windshield. Sometimes the truck even feels damp?

I've never had this problem in my previous car, '02 Explorer.

Any ideas? Insight? Suggestions? Thoughts, concerns?

Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
My only guess is the combination of AC / humid, warm weather.

Never really experienced that issue.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You have water coming into the truck somewhere would be my guess. All times I've had this problem I've had a leak in the cab from a heater core, hole in the can somewhere.

My .02

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Sounds like you're saturating the interior with moist air while driving at night and then it's boiling off and collecting on the windshield during the day like a greenhouse.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I had this issue once on a trip to the UP of Michigan in June. It was very humid and this happened. I kept the windows cracked just slightly to let the heat and moisture out when I parked it. Onve the truck dried out a little the problem has never happened again. I support the greenhouse effect above. Just leave the windows cracked just slightly for a few days and see what happens.

SPPD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts