F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my first official "issue" with my truck, more just annoying.

The driver door lock has just recently over the past few days started working intermittently.

When i go to unlock the truck, it will sometimes stay locked. I have to press lock again and then unlock and it will work.

It also does it the opposite way where sometimes it will stay unlocked. Like auto lock when reaching 10mph it will stay unlocked sometimes or when you hit lock once it will not go down until you hit lock again.

This reacts the same way with key fob and door switch.

Any ideas on what I should check?

I found online the 4 door trucks have the rear doors wires tear in the rubber boot but this is front driver door.

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Hmmmm

You've been here far longer than I and I've read tons since I first arrived and yet I don't remember ever hearing a similar case.

With no history, you're forced to approach it as an anomaly and probably have to get your hands on the actuator itself. At least to look at it closely. And maybe view it in action?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Hey Woo, I have been experiencing a similar issue as well. In my case it is still the driver door lock. When I arrive to destination, turn the truck off, and go to get out, my habit is to lock all of my doors by pressing the door lock button on the armrest. But recently, about half the time that I press that button there isn't any action or noise. It just seems to be a dead switch. It has never failed to unlock with that button though. I'm wondering if there is some sort of chaffed wire or a dirty contact on the switch itself?
But, my truck is 5 years old and 77,000+ miles and that is my first "problem". I guess I won't complain about it. It's more of a very slight annoyance that is remedied by locking the truck with the key fob. LOL

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clark, yours sound more like switch issue. Mine is the same with fob and swtich as mentioned. I could not imagine the door lock accuator is bad, although upon my research I saw some who have had these replaced in 11-14s. It could be a crappy built part but that's crazy to fail in 4 years.

I am going to look under the dash on driver side and pull kick panel. See if I can see any wires bad. I tried to remove the wires in the door hinge area, but it seems as though the latch going into the cab cannot be pulled out because it hits the door. I will post a pic I took last night of it.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still unresolved. Going to check more into it when warming up.

4.5 years and this is my first issue. damn eco-junk.

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
still unresolved. Going to check more into it when warming up.

4.5 years and this is my first issue. damn eco-junk.
Yeah, the nerve of Ford Corporate. You ought to trade that POS in for a Honda Ridgeline or something! ;)

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is getting worse. I need to pull door skin off and wiggle connections. If I dont see anything, a new one will be ordered. I believe this is a somewhat common problem.

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
862 Posts
It is getting worse. I need to pull door skin off and wiggle connections. If I dont see anything, a new one will be ordered. I believe this is a somewhat common problem.
These doors are really not good at keeping water out of them. The skins aren't hard to get off the doors, and actually give a decent look at the door lock stuff as opposed to other doors i've seen. I'd suspect something corroded in there.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya i have had the skins off before. It is very easy on these trucks! Like 4 or 5 screws if i remember.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts