F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum. Just recently purchased a 2013 SCREW 3.5 with 74k and I’m loving it so far.

I installed a UPR mega catch can and was checking the hoses for any leaks when I noticed I’ve got an oil leak near the radiator on the drivers side. The following parts have oil residue on them so it’s hard to tell where it’s coming from. Radiator, intercooler piping, driver side turbo, abs module, and the frame near that area.

There isn’t an appreciable decrease in oil on the dipstick, but I’d like to get it figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Check the lower CAC inlet tubing to make sure it's seated all the way. While you're down there, check it for a small weep hole drilled into it. People were drilling their CACs before 2014 to allow the condensation in the intake to drip out so it doesn't hit the plugs and take them out with the coils. If there's no hole, I'd suggest you clean out the CAC and consider drilling one. Do a search, lots of threads on this.

The transmission cooler lines also come into the bottom of the driver's side radiator end tank. Check those likes for cracked hoses or leaking clamps. The outlet is at the top of the end tank.

Other than those two things, some catch cans route the clean side separator (CSS) to the air box to get filtered air. Under certain circumstances you can get oil being forced out of this tube if it's there. Check the air box for any additional lines, oil on the filter or anything dripping into the box. I am not familiar with the UPR CC, so not sure if they route the CSS this way or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for those pointers. I’ll see if I can get the truck into the shop at work to take a look soon. I was thinking of using uv dye depending on if there were any common leaks in that area I should check first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts