F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this howling sound almost like the rear diff is howling at low speed. Only when pressing the gas and if I let off I stops. It's been there since I got the truck but not sure if its gotten louder or if its just me thinking it did. I need to take it to the shop anyways so il have then look at that too. Just wondering if anyone else has the same sounds?

·
Registered
868 Posts
nope but that description fits the rear end lash settings 100%
it will just keep getting louder and louder until you get it fixed

·
Registered
495 Posts
Have it ckd my folks bought a 2006 f150 super crew and before it got to 5 k it blew the rear end out. Evidently it left the factory with out and diff fluid.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Keep us posted!

SPPD

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scheduled to go in on Monday ill let you all know what they say. I know my truck is one of the higher milage ( 55k is really high thou) trucks on this site and its always good to know what could happen with these trucks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my money is still on the rear end !
Got the call from the dealership and was told the sounds coming from the transfer case. Won't know anything exactly until Monday.

Quick side note: 2013 explorers are pretty nice rigs. ( my loaner )

·
Registered
868 Posts
interesting !
yes the 13 explorers are totally redesigned and are no longer box looking, too bad they didnt loan you one with the ecoboost engine !!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the update is Ford looked at the issue and decided to repair instead of place the transfer case. Clutches and bearings were going out but as far as that everything is fine. Parts should be here tomorrow ( Monday ) and I should have my truck back this week. Just to give peeps a heads up if if you hear a howling sound once you get a little more miles on your trucks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
What year Eco 4x4 do you have? Howling coming from the front diff/transfer case, eh? I'll keep my ears open.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh ok almost three weeks and the dealership fixes the transfer case..... But wait oh road test still has a sound ( probably the same sound since the beginning ) no their saying that sounds from the rear diff. I was thinking it was that since the beginning. Well hopefully I get it back in the next day or two. I really am going through boost withdrawals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts