F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took delivery of my truck, there were scratches in the panel between the doors windows... So today I dropped it off for the dealer to replace those appliqués. The dealer was nice enough to give me a loaner... A 2013 C-Max Hybrid. Maybe all those who are disappointed with their truck MPG should get one if these. A loaner with a lifetime MPG average of 39.5!!

They made me sign a form stating I wouldn't tow anything with the CMax....

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
And you know why you have to sign that form? Because some idiot somewhere tried towing and then said " I was never told not to."

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
And you know why you have to sign that form? Because some idiot somewhere tried towing and then said " I was never told not to."
Sad ... but probably true.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have to drop mine off in a week or so to have the good and tailgate reprinted due to defects in the paint we didn't see till after they cleaned it. I got stuck in a shitty single cab stx a few weeks while they buffed the whole truck. It sucked. Now I'm gonna be long with out it.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
We'll I'm in for a serve 3 @ 25,000km & they said a few hours. What should I take for a 3 hour test drive?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
We'll I'm in for a serve 3 @ 25,000km & they said a few hours. What should I take for a 3 hour test drive?
Heh, heh ...for 3 hours, you'll be lucky if you get a 5 year old Focus or something off the "Used Lot".

My dealer offers me either a coffee and donut while I wait, or they'll drop me off somewhere local and pick me up later. I usually ask to get dropped off at work, and get them to pick me up a the end of the day.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Ask for a gt500

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
When I took delivery of my truck, there were scratches in the panel between the doors windows... So today I dropped it off for the dealer to replace those appliqués. The dealer was nice enough to give me a loaner... A 2013 C-Max Hybrid. Maybe all those who are disappointed with their truck MPG should get one if these. A loaner with a lifetime MPG average of 39.5!!

They made me sign a form stating I wouldn't tow anything with the CMax....
OK, you were joking right?
I had no idea what you were referring to so I looked it up.
Since I was there I figured why not, so I check all models and not one of them has an option for a trailer hitch or any information on towing capacities.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, you were joking right?
I had no idea what you were referring to so I looked it up.
Since I was there I figured why not, so I check all models and not one of them has an option for a trailer hitch or any information on towing capacities.
I looked at the rep and said "seriously, that thing doesn't even have a hitch receiver, does it?" He simply said that it's a formality because I am dropping off a truck...

Reactions: outlaw25

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a C-Max SEL. The owners manual specifically states not to tow anything with it. But if you check EBay there are all sorts of aftermarket hitches for it. And if you check the C-Max forums you will find posts with some dummy complaining it won't tow his trailer....:rolleyes: While I miss the 38MPG my C-Max averaged I do prefer the power, room and comfort of my trucks, both the F-150 and the Flex...:cool:

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382418436.533860.jpg

2013 $31G (eH cash) leather. 3 memory settings. (WTF?????? how many people get to drive this thing????) my ford touch which was in plastic. But I like the huge back up camera screen compared to my f150 mirror one. Auto temp. THE REAR WINDOWS ROLL DOWN WITH ONE TOUCH !!!! & back up. Um, probably some more options but I drove it home 5km & took my baby out for a stroller walk while my wife weeded the raspberries. Bought a Starbucks cold coffee can @ husky & bs'd with my buddy John who stopped by. Anyways it had the 1.5L EcoBoost engine & Milo (sales guy) said it also comes in 2.0L EB. Hmmmmmm. Mmmmmmmm mmmmm. Wife said I just bought a brand new car so I can't have it. But hunny, for 6 grand moooooooooore ;). the service was only 2 hours. Washed & vacuumed. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382418906.517402.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382418939.800076.jpg

Please don't tell me I over paid. I know nothing & am completely dumb.

So they did a one over on the engine & such, no TSB. No recalls. No issues with my stage2 CAI & no interest in my VTA BOV. All's good see you in 8OOOKm.

K so here's Milo's sales pitch. Your wife wants an Escape. Bring one home. Not the Fusion

haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts