F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It got wet :)

Had the chance to test out my new ecoboost this weekend during the trip home. Heavy, steady rain for 3 hours straight. Had the cruze set at 105-110km/h. Intentionally drove a steady speed without passing anyone for the first 2+ hours. Then floored it a couple of times to pass (anything for science :) ). Kicked down, rev'd smoothly, accelerated to around 140 or so. no issues.

Temps ranged from 17 to 22 Celsius during the rain.

Still very happy with my purchase!

2013 SuperCrew XLT XTR Kodiak Brown Ecoboost 145"WB 302A package, Max Tow package

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's plenty for a truck. Just hit that speed long enough to pass, & let the engine rev. then settled back in at 110.

2013 SuperCrew XLT XTR Kodiak Brown Ecoboost 145"WB 302A package, Max Tow package

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
O I hear ya. It's just funny that it tops out @ 160. Cruising to Vancouver a few times this year, wife says. K pass these suckers. Well 110 to 160 gets there quick. Then when settled back to 110. Wife says. What are you only going 80???? Truck feels slow after you get fast haha. Got another trip in Sept. will be with AFE stage 2 CAI

·
Registered
272 Posts
great to hear you are happy with your truck! The maxtow package has some great features.

If you are intentionally trying to get condensation issues - try the same exact run with one change: Halfway through the journey, stop to refuel and use the restroom. Then get back on the highway and floor it..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a good drive... Can you please send ALL the rain to Texas? We are desperate.
Would love to. Western Canada has had it's share in places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts