F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't for the life of me figure out this connector. I've got Spyder LED taillights and the salt has killed the pins on these connectors.

I thought I had found them before on Amazon but my mind has blanked.

Problem is they go from this connector to the main harness but there is also a small ****ty unprotected connector between this and the LED's.

My plan is to get these new connectors and then directly solder them by taking out the other ****ty connector.

Please help me.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not enough info. Are these connectors on the truck side or taillight side? Were the connectors plugged into something and came unplugged? I would contact Spyder direct and ask them what the connector is for.

Instead of directly soldering the wires, I would by some weather-pack connectors from Amazon so you can still remove the lights for service while sealing out the elements.

Good Luck

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are on the tail light side sorry.

This is what plugs into the harness in place of the bulb sockets.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
These are on the tail light side sorry.

This is what plugs into the harness in place of the bulb sockets.

You may have to contact spyder for these. They basically replace where the tail light socket plugs into the truck harness, right?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you're right. I've seen some 3157 adapters that I could buy but thats a lot of junk behind the tail lights and still no way to protect them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I agree...you will need to contact Spyder. It looks as though they used that connector to power the LEDs that are sealed in the housing. It almost resembles a connector found on a motherboard in a PC...not sealed against the elements.

AK4wheeler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts