F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone has done a thread like this. It's more or less sharing ridiculous things you (or your "friend") have done with your truck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start.

Was in taco Bell's drive thru, waiting to order. Ya know, the ones with a winding curb. My wife decided she didn't want it for some reason, I put it in 4wd, drove over the curb to get out of line... because... Ecoboost. There was a mall crawling Jeep behind us. The driver's face was priceless. Maybe it was dumb...maybe it's a truck and it's being used as such.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've also hauled several loads (25-30) of crushed red brick, 20+ miles away. Probably close to a yard or yard and a half each time. Who would have thought getting rid of bricks would be so difficult.
The only issue was a leaky pinion seal, which was fixed 50k miles ago. Since then, it's been a fantastic truck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
When I was younger (18 or 19 years old?) I towed a 21’ cuddy boat 300 miles with my 2000 v6 dakota..... with an 800 lb polaris sportsman in the bed. Got there in one piece and had a great 3 day weekend.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nothing stupid so far in my current truck, but when19 year old me had my 1980 F150, some friends and I decided that we'd be perfectly FINE to go mudding in a field in the middle of nowhere sporting balding street radial tires. We got stuck in short order, and I think we'd STILL be in that field had some equally stupid (but much better equipped) guys our age not shown up in a Blazer and pulled us out for a couple of beers. I'd like to think that I got my stupid out of my system back then, but like me, it's only matured and shows up in different ways now....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing stupid so far in my current truck, but when19 year old me had my 1980 F150, some friends and I decided that we'd be perfectly FINE to go mudding in a field in the middle of nowhere sporting balding street radial tires. We got stuck in short order, and I think we'd STILL be in that field had some equally stupid (but much better equipped) guys our age not shown up in a Blazer and pulled us out for a couple of beers. I'd like to think that I got my stupid out of my system back then, but like me, it's only matured and shows up in different ways now....
Haha. Isn't that the truth.

My little brother was in a similar situation with his 95 f150, TTB front end and no front tow hooks. The DNR showed up and said if we can't pull him out they'd call a tow truck. The only thing to hook to was the front axle, since the rear end was under 2ft of water and the strap wasn't long enough to pull from behind. He got pulled out and nothing broke. We told my parents after the truck was sold. He got a ticket but we're both glad it wasn't a busted front axle too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Justinjs
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing