F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another common question is about DYNO numbers and gains. Most people ask "how much did you gain?" and are fixed on peak "dyno numbers" when you should really be looking at the area under the curve. The ecoboost is a low end and mid range monster. Full Race did a bang up job dynoing through the mods but it seem like most only see the peak dyno numbers.

Peak numbers baseline 320whp/349wtq
Peak numbers tuned 347whp/421wtq gains 26whp/72wtq
Area under the curve Gains: +125wtq/+70whp @3000rpm and +75wtq/+60whp @4000rpm

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Peak numbers baseline 347whp/421wtq
Peak numbers catback 341whp/516wtq GAINS -6whp/+95wtq
Area under the curve gains Gains: +150wtq/+75whp @2500rpm, +200wtq/+100whp @2750rpm

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I got my truck on my friend's dyno over the weekend. It's an AWD dyno but unfortunately the wheelbase of my truck is about 2' longer than the max on the dyno (he mostly tunes Subarus and smaller sports cars) so I wasn't able to get 4WD numbers, I was curious how the numbers would compare. Only performance mods are a tune and a 170* tstat. I did 3 pulls tuned first (blue), then 3 pulls with the stock tune (green), and picked the highest of each. All numbers are SAE UNCORRECTED - corrected was a bit higher.

View attachment 62681

Tune is a 5 Star 91 octane performance tune, running on 92 octane premium from Chevron. When switching to stock tune I also did a KAM reset. All runs were done in 3rd gear to the rev limiter.

Just for comparison, the corrected numbers on the tuned pull above were 357hp/488tq, but we felt like the uncorrected were more accurate.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Teezy, great write-up.

.Net should make a stickie where everyone can post their dyno runs. They should also ask the operator to prepare them in SAE and/or STD readings, and post the type of reading it is.

IMO the best use of a dyno reading (other than bragging) is to compare mods/upgrade changes and see the true effect base of the change using a common "yardstick", lite the SAE or STD readings.

And if they are also preparing your tune (a lot provide tuning), that they don't give SAE first and then STD after the tune.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Great post Teezy. I 100% agree with you. I dyno for tuning and diagnostics... The actual numbers are nice but I mainly wanna see what she is doing..

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Great post Teezy. I 100% agree with you. I dyno for tuning and diagnostics... The actual numbers are nice but I mainly wanna see what she is doing..
Yes Mr D, we are patiently waiting for your truck too.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
525 Crank
457 Wheel
What percentage of drivetrain loss are you assuming to determine crank hp from the dyno?

Yes, I could do simple math with your numbers, I'm just wondering where you came up with your figures for drivetrain loss.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
48 Replies
18 Participants
snakebitten
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing