F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car down and we started trying to tune it myself (with a friend's help), we ran into an issue with not knowing how to change to 3 bar map sensor but we'll figure that out tomorrow. I used Torrie's tune I had in the car previously and adjusted fueling in the aux injector controller. The first pull the ECU limited the torque to 500 and boost to 15PSI. The car rewarded us on 15psi at 505 HP!!!! 15 PSI!!!!! I knew it felt fast but HEY!
You can see the car limiting the torque to 500 FLAT as a pancake.

In my previous dyno's I knew that if I unhooked the factory boost controller that I could get more boost so we did that. The car rewarded us with 23PSI on wastegate spring.

The car has another 5-10PSI available to it once I get everything figured out. We rolled into the throttle at 3K RPM and got a nice pull.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Impressive! I am definitely subscribing to this thread!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Hell, you might be the first person to break 600 ftlbs with a boost. Keep it up!!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think there's at least 50 more HP and 100 more TQ in this combo. We'll see!
I've got a spare motor coming just in case I have to build a forged bottom end. :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
what are you doing for aux injector ?
i am picturing fuel being sprayed into the intake manifold sorta like you would a nitrous setup !

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little more intense than that - 1 injector per cylinder with dedicated fuel rails and aux injector controller

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm not going to tear into the internals unless the engine fails with the set up I'm running. I'll run a forged rotating, and head studs. From what I've seen though, I shouldn't have any issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts