F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on my Talon I run straight e85 with a aggressive timing map and 35psi of boost no detonation. Any tuners can chime in please. Can we run e85 with a more aggressive timing map on the ecoboost?? I know the truck can run e85 already. Just with the SCT and being able to save custom files..I liked to have a e85 race tune with more boost and more aggressive timing map. For those who dont know e85 is about 105 octane.. so pretty much race gas at the pump and its cheaper than real race gas and regular 93 pump gas.:D:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't know that you can add much power if you go e85 since it requires so much more fuel than gasoline. The fuel system seems to be a limiting factor with gasoline. Since the EBoost is direct injection its not as easy as just swapping injectors the aftermarket support is not there yet.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was thinking about that.. you need at least a 25% bigger injector to run e85. I was thinking of maybe a mix. I know when I was running pump gas on my Talon I would run 2 gallons ofe85 and fill the rest of the tank up with 93 just bump the octane level and at that time I didn't have to up my injectors..It was only till I went full e85 on my Talon that I had to go with 1800cc injectors.
I guess this fuel thing is an issue.

·
Registered
245 Posts
We are not able to run the corn in our trucks..you run out of fuel system. I ran the corn through my 2011 5.0 and my 2013 Boss 302 just fine after a tune so the pump and lines can handle it just fine, but the combo of the direct injection, and corn is a bad for our trucks so I have read. If I hear of a tuner that can write tunes and make good power on the corn with the stock fuel system, I would be on board!

·
Registered
868 Posts
i just picked up a 2013 a couple weeks ago and it is recommended max of E-15
from what i gather anything more than that will not be enough to quench the cylinders and cause problems
keep in mind it produces a pretty high cylinder pressure with 10:1 compression

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
To run E85 the first thing you need know is what your injector duty cycle is when making a pass using race gas. If you have enough headroom left in the system to account for the additional fuel you'll need to use E85 then give it a try. You obviously don't mind performance mods so upgrading your fuel pump to something that can produce more pressure and flow will help get your injector duty cycle down will be beneficial. Obviously larger injectors would help tremendously but I have no idea what aftermarket support is available for direct injectors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts