F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the EcoBoost emblem on each side of the truck are put on only with an adhisive or are the pinned on?? I want to rem them and put on a decal.

Thanks
Bob B

·
Registered
133 Posts
Only stuck on with adhesive a buddy of mine removed his and it was the same as the one that was on the back of my truck but I just removed with fishing line to put my new custom EcoBeast graphics on. Do not use goo off or anything like that on that adhesive it only makes it worse use it to finish off the removal wants all the black foamy stuff is off. I made that mistake never again took twice as long as it should have.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If the glue is stubborn, go to an auto body supply shop and buy a 3M stripe off wheel. It is made from eraser material and goes in your drill. Also 3M makes a liquid adhesive remover that is clearcoat safe and works great.

·
Registered
537 Posts
A blow dryer and finger nail will do just fine. Heck, if you have some rough ole manual labor man hands your finger print rubbed gently will take care of the situation.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yep that's the best way to do it. I wish I would have done it that way I put that goo off stuff on all the foam just got really slimy I thought it was going to save me time if I just soaked it long enough... Lesson learned don't try and reinvent the wheel!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Keep going back and forth on removing mine, just can't seem to pull the trigger , figure if I did I'd just relocate one to the tailgate like the FX's...
Dont know man

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
olytlr
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing