F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the update for my new 2013 eco boost to my computer and put it on a thumb drive. The directions are not as clear as I though they were and there are not many images helping the install. Where exactly do I install the thumb drive into the truck. I tried it in the center compartment in the 2 usb ports but it says no readable data. I also stated under the dash, in the computer, ect. but I have yet to find the port in reference. Also do I need to have a thumb drive that is new (clean) without other data? This has gotten pretty irritating in trying to update the sync which has also been irritating the last week or so with not functioning properly. Any help on this would be great. In the email i received and online it shows the 10 steps but doesn't show how to install. Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I downloaded the update for my new 2013 eco boost to my computer and put it on a thumb drive. The directions are not as clear as I though they were and there are not many images helping the install. Where exactly do I install the thumb drive into the truck. I tried it in the center compartment in the 2 usb ports but it says no readable data. I also stated under the dash, in the computer, ect. but I have yet to find the port in reference. Also do I need to have a thumb drive that is new (clean) without other data? This has gotten pretty irritating in trying to update the sync which has also been irritating the last week or so with not functioning properly. Any help on this would be great. In the email i received and online it shows the 10 steps but doesn't show how to install. Thanks in advance guys!
Yes, your update will need to be on an empty thumb drive. You may need to download it again. Your truck will need to be running - this provides a perfect opportunity to take a 30 minute drive and just listen to the turbos whine as it takes away any use of your system. Make sure that you only have the one drive plugged into the jack closest to the front of the truck - it's the only way it worked in mine. It will start the update on it's own and will require some interaction with you at the end of the update. After you are finished, you will need to take the thumb drive back to your computer and login to syncmyride and allow it to verify that the update is complete so that you don't keep getting the message that you need an update.

Good luck!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was having same thing happen to me tried again tonight and installed it on my way to work and success

·
Registered
3 Posts
Updated my SHO with no problems. Just downloaded the file to your desktop, extracted files to an empty thumb drive, plugged drive into vehicle while running and followed the prompts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Make sure that your USB drive is not super huge. Over the FAT drive size limit and it won't recognize it. I tried with my 32GB Cruzer drive and it wouldn't work. I used my 8GB drive and had no problems. The directions do say to make sure the drive is empty before extracting the zip files to the USB drive.

·
Registered
394 Posts
When updating mine a couple of times it acted weird....I thought it was not going to update...but, in the end it told me all was good with the update.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it!

You had to have a clean usb drive....customer support had me to delete the usb before i realized what was going on......so with that being said I do not know what I lost but I have updated software!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys love the truck...looking to do more upgrades..just purchases what I thought was the best grille for the inter-cooler but it was the high dollar plastic that just kills me...I have a pic in my folder.....but yeah thanks again guys!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
updating

When i updated my truck I started with a clean/formatted thumb drive. Downloaded the update to the thumb drive, went to truck(followed instructions Ford sent me on updating) turned it on and inserted thumb drive into USB port located in center console. Automatically started up date, took about 20 minutes.
Hope this helps,
Moondoggy
2013 Lariat 4x4, 3.31 gears, Locking Diff, S-crew, AFE charge pipe, AFE Stage 2 CAI, Gibson 2 1/2' cat back duals, Livewire TS programmer, 4" Aries Bull bar, 6.5" remote control WARN lights, F1 Bak Flip tonneau cover, Bak-Box 2, 22"x3" cherry bomb chrome exhaust tips, Spray in Rhino liner with rubber floor mat, Weather Tech hood deflector, window deflectors, mud flaps and floor mats, man step, Vacron dash cam, cobra radar detector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts