F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had continued problems with acceleration during moist conditions. I have almost been hit multiple times. Ford knows they have a problem and just came up with a fix early this year. They want me to pay for part of the fix. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration is investigating this. I urge all of you who have had this problem to file a complaint with the NHTSA.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Your individual dealer should resolve this issue with the proper CAC model. It's the high humidity falter that occurs when you're out of boost and attempt to enter into the boost range. The correct CAC model will prevent the condensation build up. If the stealership is making you pay for a new,stock model... Buy MAK's interchangeable inter cooler that will guaranteed fix the issue, drop intake temps 20*, increase HP, and provide better throttle response!

i know it's a pain in the a** buying a new truck that doesn't perform how you like, but calling the truck a bust and urging complaints because your dealership won't fix the issue is a bit much. Many people here had the issue and their dealer provided them with a new CAC.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'm not mad at him. If my truck gives me trouble while in that bumper to bumper phase of the warranty I don't want to hear shidt from my dealer except what time it'll be ready for me to pick it up...fixed at NO CHARGE. If the dealership doesn't handle it that way they deserve to have their name dragged through the mud. The money it costs to buy these new trucks don't grow on the trees in my yard. I'd also be screaming in Corporate Ford's ear as loudly as I could about this dealership and this problem. You deserve to be treated right. This is what a warranty is for. Truth is you shouldn't be able to NOT have it work like that. Try to negotiate the price of a new truck down by excluding the warranty. They won't do it. This coverage is FORCED onto you.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Oh trust me I'm not mad at him! I blame the dealership for not handling the issue as they should!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have had continued problems with acceleration during moist conditions. I have almost been hit multiple times. Ford knows they have a problem and just came up with a fix early this year. They want me to pay for part of the fix. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration is investigating this. I urge all of you who have had this problem to file a complaint with the NHTSA.
Not good to have your 1st post a negative one. A Ford dealer would, in no way want you to pay for part of the fix unless the warranty was past or the vehicle had unapproved modifications. Possibly you are a troll?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Let's keep it simple. 1 post made. No reply to a question. Stating a problem that is well known to exist. This pretty much says Troll posting, just to bash a product.

Now on to the rest of the news....news that matters. The Red Neck Restaurant in Lewisville, TX has lost it's battle. Waitress are no longer allowed to wear body paint covering their upper body parts and must now wear clothing to cover these upper parts of the female anatomy.

Which of these two informative articles are of more interest? As a hint, one of these stories make the national news this evening.

Best thing we could do with this post as started in it's original form is to just move on and let it go. Nothing personal, it is what it is.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Let's keep it simple. 1 post made. No reply to a question. Stating a problem that is well known to exist. This pretty much says Troll posting, just to bash a product.

Now on to the rest of the news....news that matters. The Red Neck Restaurant in Lewisville, TX has lost it's battle. Waitress are no longer allowed to wear body paint covering their upper body parts and must now wear clothing to cover these upper parts of the female anatomy.

Which of these two informative articles are of more interest? As a hint, one of these stories make the national news this evening.

Best thing we could do with this post as started in it's original form is to just move on and let it go. Nothing personal, it is what it is.
I agree. Took words right out of my mouth. 10 words into his post I immediately went to check profile and my instinct was confirmed, a first post created on the same day filled with troll filled statements.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well it seems that the consensus is that this post is Trolling, but for the sake of keeping it friendly in this forum I will close this thread.

SPPD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.