F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how big of a difference it will make when I put my 35s on? Is it going to bee significantly slower? I've already got the LMS 91v10 tune

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
You'll notice some lag as the gearing will be affected with the larger tires. You'll still have plenty of power but there will be a noticeable amount of power loss.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 4" suspension lift and 35's and can say you will feel a loss. I had the tire size in the factory tune changed to get as close to a 35 inch tire as possible and it did make a huge improvement.

However a custom tune will be your best option to fix the problem and get some extra HP to push the big wheels easier.

Gear size makes the biggest difference. I have 3:31 gears and larger tires are like getting "taller" gears. If you have 3:73 gears you'll be good

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is 3.55. That reminds me tho I need to get the tune changed by livernois to account for the excess rubber I'll be dragging around. I dint think it's too expensive to switch to 3.73. I want to say I was quoted at about 350$

·
Registered
74 Posts
3.73 and 35s here with no tune or other performance mods. Gets up and goes just fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine is 3.55. That reminds me tho I need to get the tune changed by livernois to account for the excess rubber I'll be dragging around. I dint think it's too expensive to switch to 3.73. I want to say I was quoted at about 350$
I don't know where you for that quote. I wish I lived near you so I could cash in on that deal.

I've had 2 quotes and it's going to cost around $2,000. Both the front and rear gears have to be changed so it adds up. I wonder if the $350 quote you got was just for the gear set?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it must be. I think I read it in the other forum somewhere. I'll.probably keep.my 3.55 in already dropping so much cash on the wheels/tires/level

·
Registered
56 Posts
it must be. I think I read it in the other forum somewhere. I'll.probably keep.my 3.55 in already dropping so much cash on the wheels/tires/level
Yah good call. Not sure the benefit vs cost is worth it for you since you have 3:55 gears.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got them put on yesterday! Looks amazing. Runs a little slower but that's ok
Yes, the gear swap with labor and master install kits front and back around 2k. Also have to buy tuner for gear change to computer. The mpg's will suffer, but with the low torque first gear of Eco 6 speed trans the wear and tear should be minimal. I am just fine with performance with 3.55, but mpg's suffer but we all knew that going in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts