F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my way to work everyday I have to go through a particular stop light. What's special about this stop light is that it is 2 lanes. About a 1/4 mile after the light it goes to 1 lane. Well I was sitting there at the red light thinking about all the sales calls I have to make when I get to work. Next thing I know there is a blue tundra that comes flying up to the light and slams on the breaks. He proceeded to look at me even though he couldn't see me(new window tint yesterday). Anyways... I had a feeling this kid(younger male) was going to take off from the light and pass me. HAHHAHAHAHHA !!! He didn't count on the Freak-a-Boost! I put it in 4wheel drive, foot on the gas and brake, revved to about 1k when light turned green I let go of the brake. :) I couldn't see the look on his face until I was clearly infront of him. And I saw him shaking his head. Lol. I love this truck. Just thought I would share ;)

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
One of the newer body style Tundras? Keep hearing people say those are faster than EB's... Never had proof though. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old tundra. And I usually don't do this but I felt like having some fun....

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't think that there is anyway that the 4.7 v8 that is in the tundra could stand up to the EB when both are stock.

·
Registered
152 Posts
well i know there is no contest when towing. proved that to a Tundra owner last summer. Going throught the mountains in the twisty valleys speed limit is 40. stuck behind a New body style Tundra towing his holiday trailer. Hit a 6% grade with a passing lane and speed limit went up to 60. I pulled into the passing lane with the beast towing my 8500lb toy hauler and blew by him. 2hours later i pulled in to the gas station. after a few minutes the Tundra pulled in. He stopped to talk to me,made me open the trailer to prove I was loaded with 2 quads and gear. Made him a believer.lol He told me he was trying to hold me off,not a chance.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
��������^^^nice. Always fun showing off the EcoBeast. I like how you showed him your trailer wasn't empty, ha

·
Registered
589 Posts
Fx4 I know what you mean by the prove it part did the same thing to a 2012 dodge Hemi type lol although I had him pop his hood, I said "man that's a lot of motor" than popped my hood showing him the EcoBeast I got the WTF comment and am"really that's it" comment lol oohhhh the doubters we must over come!

·
Registered
577 Posts
A few months ago i had a new 1500 hemi pull beside me in the tunnels in pittsburgh and he was yoyoing it and i dropped it in second manual mode and needless to say all he was seeing was my taillights through the whole tunnel lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just outran a newer Tundra that had a supercharger added. Told him they would prob give him a good trade toward an Eco-Boost. LOL
I don't think that there is anyway that the 4.7 v8 that is in the tundra could stand up to the EB when both are stock.
Ok. the Tundra is a 5.7 litre not a 4.7 litre. My buddy has one and although I have raced him countless times and I win every time. In a 1/4 mile the difference is about a truck length maybe a bit more or less(hard to tell from the mirror). That said, if that 5.7 was supercharged I am pretty sure the outcome would be different. If you look at the new FX2 Rousch. It's a 6.2 supercharged makes 590hp and 590tq which is like a 150 more ponys then a normally asperated 6.2. I would expect that Tundra would be making at least 500hp and 500tq if tuned rite probably more. I am sorry but I think that Tundra should win with those mods on it versus a stock EB. unless like I say it is not running proper.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey fordmastertech,I just seen on the tune or no tune thread that you are not stock!!! Maybe I am wrong.lol I hope I am cuz in a couple weeks I am getting a full custom dyno tune done! That will make my truck comparable to yours in mods. That would be wicked!! I can't wait!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Last friday night I was racing my '13 EB fx4 (3.55) at the local 1/8 mile track. I talked my Buddy into joining me with his '11 tundra(4.20). I have zero mods and at the time of racing, I had a full tank of gas (36gals). He on the other hand had, intake and exhaust. We raced each other four times. Every race I jump out about half a truck, and right when the truck shifted into second, he would pass me right up and continue to pull. My times were pretty consistent 9.802-9.899 at 79mph. His times were getting faster. His last race was a 9.633 at 81mph. I think its time I do some mods to my truck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Think you mean his time was 8.63. 7.63 1/8th is a low 12 high 11 second 1/4 and the mph should be higher.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Still impressive considering stock vs modded anything NitroRacer!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ok. the Tundra is a 5.7 litre not a 4.7 litre. My buddy has one and although I have raced him countless times and I win every time. In a 1/4 mile the difference is about a truck length maybe a bit more or less(hard to tell from the mirror). That said, if that 5.7 was supercharged I am pretty sure the outcome would be different. If you look at the new FX2 Rousch. It's a 6.2 supercharged makes 590hp and 590tq which is like a 150 more ponys then a normally asperated 6.2. I would expect that Tundra would be making at least 500hp and 500tq if tuned rite probably more. I am sorry but I think that Tundra should win with those mods on it versus a stock EB. unless like I say it is not running proper.

Yep.....I agree.....something is a bit fishy here. Tundras can come with 4:30 rears and used to give my Ram R/T fits with a 4:10 rear. With a blower........well enough said. The little V6 we have is down right peppy but perhaps our ownership pride might just be getting in the way of reality a tad bit here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep.....I agree.....something is a bit fishy here. Tundras can come with 4:30 rears and used to give my Ram R/T fits with a 4:10 rear. With a blower........well enough said. The little V6 we have is down right peppy but perhaps our ownership pride might just be getting in the way of reality a tad bit here.
Last truck was a 2012 tundra Crewmax, and it was fast. Love my ecoboost for the low end torque, but the tundra would pull just fine, just at a higher rpm and lower gear on grades. Love my Ford, but loved the Toyota too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I raced a tundra I got him off the line then he overtook me at quarter mile and then I overtook him again at half mile he ran out of gearing it was crazy about how far back he was aha mile no speedlimiters on trucks he had 4.30 gears mine has 3.15

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
About this Discussion
82 Replies
30 Participants
Grim Reaper
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing