F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week my 2015 F150 Supercrew 2.7 302A with 3022 miles on it dies while I am in traffic and accelerating at 45mph. All kinds of warnings popped up in the dash for traction control and braking. More than I could read as I was panicking. I managed to pull over and stop. I restarted without issue but took it to the dealer less than 4 miles away for a look. So far all I have gotten is a bad Electronics Module. No specific name other than that yet. They said they did recreate the issue. This thing scared me to death and I was very glad it did not happen on the highway I was headed for. There is another thread on this in another forum, evidently I am not the only one this has happened to. I will post more specifics when I get her back. Overall I love this truck and especially the 28K price tag before TTT. It was a 42,240 MSRP but they were dealing with 7K rebates and 8K discount. IMG_1520.JPG

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
So last week my 2015 F150 Supercrew 2.7 302A with 3022 miles on it dies while I am in traffic and accelerating at 45mph. All kinds of warnings popped up in the dash for traction control and braking. More than I could read as I was panicking. I managed to pull over and stop. I restarted without issue but took it to the dealer less than 4 miles away for a look. So far all I have gotten is a bad Electronics Module...
Hi robskater,

I'm sure you're in great hands at your dealership; it sounds like they're working hard to get you back on the road again. If you need me to step in and assist, just send a PM my way with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealer. I'll do what I can to make sure you continue loving your truck for many miles to come. :)

Crystal

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crystal, I would like to talk. Today at 6:00 am my truck did it again. It now has only 3619 miles on it. Approximately 1 mile after leaving my home from work while getting on the highway on ramp my truck died. I got warnings on the screen which I took pictures of this time. "Hill Assist not available, Hill Start assist not available, Park Brake limited function service required, see manual, engine coolant over temperature" IMG_2174.JPG IMG_2175.JPG IMG_2176.JPG IMG_2169.JPG IMG_2170.JPG IMG_2171.JPG IMG_2172.JPG IMG_2173.JPG . On 15 OCT I got the same issue at 3022 miles and immediately took it to the dealer. On OCT 26 I got it back after having the Smart Data Link replaced. THIS IS A SAFETY issue and now that it has happened twice I think I will pursue the lemon law. If I am in traffic here in San Diego and my truck dies I am stuck until I get it stopped and restart it. Mine did restart with no issue. I took photos of my gage cluster this time.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Crystal, I would like to talk...
Hi robskater,

I don't have the ability to reach out via phone, but I can arrange for your regional customer service manager to give you a call. Just PM me the details I listed above. If you'd prefer, you can contact my colleagues at the Customer Relationship Center (1-800-392-3673); they offer the same assistance that I do.

Crystal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crystal, I would like to talk. Today at 6:00 am my truck did it again. It now has only 3619 miles on it. Approximately 1 mile after leaving my home from work while getting on the highway on ramp my truck died. I got warnings on the screen which I took pictures of this time. "Hill Assist not available, Hill Start assist not available, Park Brake limited function service required, see manual, engine coolant over temperature" View attachment 43430 View attachment 43431 View attachment 43432 View attachment 43433 View attachment 43434 View attachment 43435 View attachment 43436 View attachment 43437 . On 15 OCT I got the same issue at 3022 miles and immediately took it to the dealer. On OCT 26 I got it back after having the Smart Data Link replaced. THIS IS A SAFETY issue and now that it has happened twice I think I will pursue the lemon law. If I am in traffic here in San Diego and my truck dies I am stuck until I get it stopped and restart it. Mine did restart with no issue. I took photos of my gage cluster this time.
What ever came of this?This has happened to me 3 times since January in a 2016 Screw.I am at a loss of what to do. Dealer has had it three times, no resolution. I even got the regional service manager involved to request a replacement vehicle. Denied. I have the latest occurrence on video too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey robskater, I had a similar issue this morning after I was done my night shift at 4am up North in Alberta in oil sector. It rained all night and was very fogy, the engine just died, i fired it up and after few meters died again, this happened so many times till i was out of forest on highway. HAd the message on screen " See Manual". On highway i managed to reach hotel 25km without engine dying but message on screen. Towed it to nearby city to ford service and they have it right now. The message was gone later but was so scared to drive it to work in forest. It have 50000km (31k miles) on it and 2015 2.7 ecoboost. All i did a night before is filled gas (quality of gas i guess) and it was cold, misty and fogy, dono if that have to do anything with it. Worked all night, spend all day figuring out and now working night and had to rent a truck as dealer had noting to offer. Have you figured out what went wrong ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
November 21, 2018 Ford F150 2.7L ecoboost shutting down

What ever came of this?This has happened to me 3 times since January in a 2016 Screw.I am at a loss of what to do. Dealer has had it three times, no resolution. I even got the regional service manager involved to request a replacement vehicle. Denied. I have the latest occurrence on video too.

Has any one had one of these issues repaired. I bought a 2015 2.7L ecoboost Ford Certified truck from a Ford dealer in August this year. The same issue with the same exact warnings, in the exact same order has happened twice to me as the guy who posted the pictures above. I understand the truck is not new, but it is only 3 years old and this type of thing should not happen. I have had the truck in twice to the dealer and since they cannot replicate the issue they do not fix anything. I opened a case with ford and they tell me the same thing.

I find it hard to believe Ford does not have a solution to this seeing that it has happened to many people. This is a scary and dangerous situation especially when driving on the highway. I cannot believe Ford is willing to let this go on with how dangerous it is to be driving a vehicle like this. I wish I had enough money to just sell this one and go buy a different one but I do not.

I do not know what to do other than drive it until it happens and have it towed to the shop without canceling any warnings out. I hope nothing bad ever happens when the situation comes up again.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Domenic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts