F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The wait for OE increased fueling for Ecoboost Vehicles is finally over. Since 2011 when we broke into the Ecoboost world with our Ecoboost F-150 the ecoboost platform has been hampered by limited fueling opportunities. The arrival of an Ecoboost Mustang made fueling upgrades a much larger priority and now we have the first step in really being able to turn these cars and trucks sky high.

The Injector - The HDEV1700 is a drop-in fitment for many applications, which utilize the Bosch HDEV5 injector platform. This includes the popular 2.0L, 2.3L and 3.5L Ford EcoBoost engines. The new injector flows 1700cc/min at 200 bar of fuel pressure which is more than a 30% increase in flow over the stock EcoBoost injectors. The patent-pending process used in this injector allows for increased flow while retaining the OE spray pattern, which maximizes fuel economy, emissions, and drivability.
Tuning Data – Being a brand new injector platform to the high performance aftermarket, it was vitally important to provide not only a great product, but to support it with great tuning data. DW collaborated with SCT, the leader in EcoBoost tuning systems, to develop injector calibrations for the HDEV1700. Senior Calibrator Matt Alderman of SCT developed value files for the injector in the 2.0L Focus ST, 2.3L Mustang, and 3.5L F150.
Proven Performance – In addition to the hundreds of hours of bench testing, dyno testing, and street testing, the new GDI injector has also been proven at the track. The HDEV1700 has been proven in BG Racing’s world’s fastest 2.3L EcoBoost Mustang. BG Racing combined 1000cc DW port injectors with 4 HDEV1700 injectors to fuel a 10.6 second quarter mile pass.

Link to Injectors:
2011-2014 Ecoboost F150 3.5L Deatschwerks 1700cc Direct Injection(GDI) Injectors

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Wow!!

So what about the stock HPFP, it can keep up with these?

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow!!

So what about the stock HPFP, it can keep up with these?

That is still in the works, the stock one can't keep up with these no, but the fact that these are available is a step in a very good direction. Considering how long its been. One piece of a puzzle.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Are these modified factory injectors? I know DW has modded injectors in the past.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
That is still in the works, the stock one can't keep up with these no,.
I was excited, then this. I would rather change injectors now than turbos and be able to run e85. I can't imagine these being that hard to do? Remove intake, and get new gasket from Ford to reinstall?

Do you also need a in tank pump? Probably the best bet would be to do pump/hpfp and injectors all together.

I will let others be the testers first.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was excited, then this. I would rather change injectors now than turbos and be able to run e85. I can't imagine these being that hard to do? Remove intake, and get new gasket from Ford to reinstall? Do you also need a in tank pump? Probably the best bet would be to do pump/hpfp and injectors all together. I will let others be the testers first.
I'm with you on that. E85>new turbos

Reactions: FastFreddy

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Reactions: Vozaday

·
Registered
173 Posts
Why not both?! Moar Boost... Moar Fuels... MOAR POWAR!!
One obstacle at a time. Spark blow out needs to be addressed before bigger turbos are feasible IMO.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
The fact that there is a mustang with an Ecoboost is fast tracking any and all Ecoboost Mods to make serious power. There is already a mustang gecoboost going 10s. Everything that gets developed for the mustang will most likely be simultaneously available for the F150.
This was the one reason why I was happy to see a 4 cylinder mustang, because those shops will do all the mods then we can get them. Did not know the injectors were all the same. Is the HPFP different then I am guessing?

I saw ecoboost mustangs a while back running bigger turbos...which did not make sense to me with lack of fueling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts