F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While they are late to the game Diablosport has finally made their presence in the Ecoboost world. Their Canned 93 Octane tune is making 90hp/90ftlbs. That's impressive!

We have been "secretly" testing these tunes for months and providing our ecoboost experience in order to get the best possible tune in the device. From having spent months driving a truck with the 93Octane tune, I can tell you that it drives and performs better than any other canned tune on the market that we have tried.

DiabloSport is rocking the F-150 performance world with tire-peeling performance tunes for the 3.5L EcoBoost engine. Our performance programmers (inTune and Trinity), offer aftermarket tunes that increase horsepower on 87, 91, and 93 octane gasoline, as well as a specialty tune for towing, and one for boosting fuel economy 2-3 MPG. Make an additional 90+ HP and 90 + TQ with premium pump gas!
As you can see Diablosport has attempted to add a tune for eveyone. From over 15 years of experience with Diablosport I can tell you that once they support a vehicle, they support it 100%. This has been in the background for over a year while they have done R&D on every aspect of the powertrain.

We are also a CMR dealer meaning that we can custom tune any ecoboost F150 from 2011-2014. The tuners are on sale on our website. More info to come shortly about the two devices that are available. We are just amking the announcement we will follow up with more info shortly.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Please do sounds awesome, just to confirm I understand this right, you guys can still custom tune this?
Sent from my RM-877_nam_canada_235 using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the majority of the release information. Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

Dyno Graph:

eco_boost_release_dyno_sheet.jpg

Five Pre-Loaded Performance Tunes & Adjust Stock Setting

The tune selections for the Ford F-Series 3.5L EcoBoost trucks depend on the type of gas you want to put in the tank. For best results, we always recommend running the highest-octane gas available in your area, and running the tune associated with that octane rating (e.g. 93 octane, 91 octane)

93 Octane Performance Tune
Designed for power, economy, and drivability, this tune requires users to run a minimum of 93 octane “premium” in their gas tank to see the best power gains. You will need to upgrade your truck’s spark plugs to Ford Motorcraft part number SP-534, at .032-.035. With the proper gas and spark plug setup, this tune will add over 90 horsepower and 90 Ft. Lbs of torque!

91 Octane Performance Tune
Designed for power, economy, and drivability, this tune requires users to run a minimum of 91 octane “premium” in their gas tank to see the best power gains. You will need to upgrade your truck’s spark plugs to Ford Motorcraft part number SP-534, gapped at .032-.035. With the proper gas and spark plug setup, this tune will add over 80+ horsepower and 80+ Ft. Lbs of torque!

87 Octane Performance Tune
This tune will get your truck the biggest power gain available when running “regular” 87 octane gas your truck could see a mileage increase of up to 2 miles per gallon while still making over 50 HP over stock!

MPG Booster Tune
This tune maximizes the fuel efficiency of your F-series truck! Running 87 octane minimum, your truck could see a mileage increase of up to 3 miles per gallon while still making over 50 HP over stock!

Towing Tune
This tune increases your truck’s drivability when towing a load such as a trailer, camper, or a heavy payload in the bed. The tune optimizes low-end torque to get you going and ads over 50HP and 60 TQ to the tires.

Factory HP Tune
This tune uses the truck’s factory calibration, but allows for modifications to the tune to suit your own needs.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Wow...

Not going to lie, the second my warranty is up, I'm going to go crazy with my truck...

Cannot wait!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Wow... Not going to lie, the second my warranty is up, I'm going to go crazy with my truck... Cannot wait!
Or look into warranty tune options.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I can you turn off traction control? I know in my ram i can fully disable t/c with my trinity. Gonna have to let pinero try out my trinity in his truck to see how it compairs to his sct

·
Registered
741 Posts
This! ^^^ that's what im hoping to do also, if I can ever get my sct working again haha
I know jordan would probably buy one just for that reason. Lol

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
So is it the same device to tune the gas trucks and diesel truck just with different programs in it? Or are they completely different devices?
Sent from my RM-877_nam_canada_235 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I'm not so sure I believe them, that's a lot from a canned tune. I had a InTune with my 6.2L and canned it barely made a difference. Now custom tuned, it was great!! (not as fast as these EB though). 90/90 seems pretty high. Just my opinion.

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This Trinity can tune the entire diablosport line up one at a time. So you do not need to purchase it twice, if you go to another truck or car. Gas or Diesel.
The only vehicles the Intune cannot tune are 2011+ Dodge/Chrysler Cars and Trucks.(They have their own device.) Other than that the Intune can tune any other car in the line up.

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not so sure I believe them, that's a lot from a canned tune. I had a InTune with my 6.2L and canned it barely made a difference. Now custom tuned, it was great!! (not as fast as these EB though). 90/90 seems pretty high. Just my opinion.
Unfortunately different applications get different attention. I agree with you that the 6.2L Canned tunes were not the strongest when they were released.They made the mistake that I think SCT makes all the time, which is rushing product to the market. Its great for the custom tuners because they charge per custom tune, but for the guys that just want an out of the box solution its not so great. One of the main things we discussed with Diablo about their Ecoboost release was that they were already late to the game so to come out now it had to be right. This support could have been done a year ago, but they delayed it while they crossed their T's and dotted their I's.

There has been a lot of scouring of forums and talking to customers to get the issues right. When SCT released support everyone thought 50HP was insane. How could a gas truck pick up that much. We quickly learned that the Ecoboost was a different animal. Two Years later, its not hard to believe that with the right R&D Diablo can make 90/90 from their 93 Octane Diablo Tune.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts