F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
First post, just bought a 13 ecoboost today! Does the I2 and Trinity both have the same tuning options?

Yes they do, tuning is the same between the two. The differences are in what the devices can do. The Trinity has an on screen display that is dash mountable and can be used to monitor many different parameters and well as simulate 1/8mile, 1/4mile, 0-60, etc...

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
With the original Intune, what benefits can be had with a custom tune from LET on a tow tune, other than the stock canned tune from Diablo?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
With the original Intune, what benefits can be had with a custom tune from LET on a tow tune, other than the stock canned tune from Diablo?

I'm not sure I follow.

The difference from a Tow Tune to a Diablo 93 Tune is about 30HP so the difference is pretty big. I'm not sure on the LET tunes as we have not run any of his tunes, so I could not speak for what his benefits are.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I appreciate the follow up. No I get that. I'm just wondering if their is a benefit for a custom 87 tow tune or is the Diablo as good as it gets for that canned tune....in addition is their any such custom tune for 87 tow tune?
Bottom line,...is their a better tow tune other than Diablo - in your opinion.

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
I appreciate the follow up. No I get that. I'm just wondering if their is a benefit for a custom 87 tow tune or is the Diablo as good as it gets for that canned tune....in addition is their any such custom tune for 87 tow tune?
Bottom line,...is their a better tow tune other than Diablo - in your opinion.

The diablo tow tune is sufficient IMO for most towing scenarios within the capabilities of the Truck, Car Trailers, travel trailers, boat trailers, etc...
We tow our boat and car trailers with both trucks on the Diablo Tow Tune and have no issues. Im sure if you only do one specific task with your truck, then a custom tune for that would be beneficial.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Have you had any issues pulling at least 8k TT up long grades and overheating?

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Have you had any issues pulling at least 8k TT up long grades and overheating?

Can't say we have had any issue personally, then again our trucks don't see many grades at all we are in Florida. We do travel out of state but have not pulled into mountainous area with our car trailer.

Would you use a 93 octane tune to pull a 8k TT.

I would use the tow tune, that's what its there for. If its an empty trailer or a small boat trailer, I would say leave the 93 in there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do i smell a black friday sale coming soon?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I have a intune I1000 and i'm looking to get a new downpipe for my truck, can I use that tuner for a custom tune? and what's the price for a custom tune? thanks in advance

181 - 197 of 197 Posts