F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
put it on a trickle charger
The intune will give you the option to download your stock tune off the internet. If you click that option all you have to do is plug in the intune and it should do it automatically. takes 1 minute instead of 45

·
Registered
143 Posts
The intune will give you the option to download your stock tune off the internet. If you click that option all you have to do is plug in the intune and it should do it automatically. takes 1 minute instead of 45
How do you do this? I have to say, the instructions are piss poor that come with the tuner. I chose to option to download from the Internet while it was plunged into my truck and it still went right into downloading from the truck- took 60 min. Do you disconnect it when it gets to that point and plug it into a computer or download it before you even begin?

·
Registered
843 Posts
How do you do this? I have to say, the instructions are piss poor that come with the tuner. I chose to option to download from the Internet while it was plunged into my truck and it still went right into downloading from the truck- took 60 min. Do you disconnect it when it gets to that point and plug it into a computer or download it before you even begin?
The instructions are terrible and the intune itself doesn't look any more advanced than my old gameboy. Anyway... After i clicked download off internet it allowed me to disconnect it. This was after it took 60 minutes to read off my ecu and then tell me thee was an error. After I disconnected I plugged into computer and ran an update. Worked for me but these things seem a bit sketchy.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
well i went and hooked it up to a trickle charger after having tried to update it again, and when i went to do the original backup again it breezed through in 2 mins, so i accidently fixed it lol....i only loaded the 87 tune for now, but it makes a hell of a difference already

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good to hear. These things seem like "trial by error". I wish they would crate a step by step video or something. No two tunes seem to work the same. The "quick start guide" they provide skips pretty much every important and confusing step.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I think a video on troubleshooting would help. Mine would not run an automatic update and my computer said I needed to install drivers. Pouring through the forums I learned that the drivers are not needed and u need to click on the cd drive to update. Why it shows as something in the cd drive I don't know. Also backing your stock tune up through an automatic update is way easier than doing it with your truck. This was not on the instructions. although my experience thus far is frustrating Diablo technical support has been getting back to me pretty quickly. It just never feels quick enough when ur truck is running like ****

·
Registered
843 Posts
So I loaded my diablo sport tune over a week ago. The truck ran like crap and made a loud knocking rattling sound from my engine. Great. So I returned to stock and a week later got my tune from Erick at let. Now I am trying to load his tune and the intune is telling me the file is not in intune format. Sorry just needed to vent. I am about to throw this thing out the window. Has anyone got that response when trying to load a tune?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
So I loaded my diablo sport tune over a week ago. The truck ran like crap and made a loud knocking rattling sound from my engine. Great. So I returned to stock and a week later got my tune from Erick at let. Now I am trying to load his tune and the intune is telling me the file is not in intune format. Sorry just needed to vent. I am about to throw this thing out the window. Has anyone got that response when trying to load a tune?
Is the tune file Eric sent you for an Intune or an Trinity?
I don't honestly know if they are different, just curious.

The truck making a loud knocking / rattle noise is NOT a good sign.
The DS canned tune has been working awesome for me.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hit Erick up on his cell. He'll get you sorted out.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ya Erick got it sorted out. I liked the aggressiveness of the diablo but the knocking was very disconcerting. The LET tune feels much smoother and no scary engine noise at WOT

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Ya Erick got it sorted out. I liked the aggressiveness of the diablo but the knocking was very disconcerting. The LET tune feels much smoother and no scary engine noise at WOT
I'm glad it's all worked out, No scary engine noises is a plus!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ya I was not happy. I loaded ericks tune and logged. I actually got a little of the same noise right before up shift. Sent Erick the logs and he sent me a revision within the hour. New tune feels smoother but good even power. I will do some wot runs tomorrow and see where I am at

·
Registered
843 Posts
Who has ran mak's custom tunes and what do you think. They are running a sale right now. $50 for a custom tune! Pretty tempted to try one out

141 - 160 of 200 Posts