Intercooler upgrade

Stage 3:

Tune

CAI/drop in filter

Cat back Exhaust

Intercooler upgrade

Down pipe

Meth injection

Stage 1: warranty friendly mods. (In most cases)

Catback Exhaust http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/13-f150-ecoboost-performance/493-aftermarket-exhaust-sound-database.html

Cold Air Intake http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/30-stage-3-motorsports/283-2011-2012-2013-f150-ecoboost-afe-magnum-force-stage-2-intake-install-dyno-numbers.html

Charge pipe (blade pipe) Not sure on the warranty status.

Stage 2:

Programming. Do your own research. SCT supports all custom tune files except Livernois.

Downpipes: midpipes, y pipes. O/R is catless, not street legal, and requires a tune to remove CEL code. Catted have high flow or green cats. Could still throw a CEL code, needing a tune to remove it.

Resonator: not much of a performance gain but a choke in the exhaust system. Twister resonator or none. No resonator increases exhaust note.

Intercooler. Do your own research again. Full race is a raised, grill mount, or FMIC. All others are factory location.

Stage 3:

Meth/water injection. Research it, I don't know enough to speculate.

Nitrous. Self explanatory.

Stage 4: Altering the power source

Turbo upgrade. Borgwarner K03 is factory turbos. Upgrade both turbos to a larger diameter turbo.

Single turbo: not sure if it was ever released to the public. Full-Race Single Turbo Kit | Full-Race.com

Guys with more experience jump in and maybe we can make a sticky out of this. :)

Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I went straight away with a stage 4 from Bill, and now I'm moving into meth and other mods.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
This is not to be confused with stage3motorsports phases of upgrades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We know, sorry for the thread jack. Stage 3's phasing options are a very affordable way to gradually upgrade though.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We know, sorry for the thread jack. Stage 3's phasing options are a very affordable way to gradually upgrade though.
I agree Pinero, I am also a stage3motorsports customer :)

Don't want this to take away from them as they have great deals

I think this will help allot of people asking what upgrades to go with first
And maybe buying one upgrade at a time. Then finally completing a stage

Stage 4 for me would be bigger turbos, fuel injectors, pump, cams? Nos and all the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
897 Posts
If possible get full race intercoolers?
Okay you guys talked me into it, We will have the Full Race parts listed very very soon.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Just for fun... Where to begin with adding performance parts to your EB F150.
These are based off Freddy's idea for starters to get an idea of a good route of performance.

Stage 1: warranty friendly mods. (In most cases)
Catback Exhaust http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/13-f150-ecoboost-performance/493-aftermarket-exhaust-sound-database.html
Cold Air Intake http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/30-stage-3-motorsports/283-2011-2012-2013-f150-ecoboost-afe-magnum-force-stage-2-intake-install-dyno-numbers.html
Charge pipe (blade pipe) Not sure on the warranty status.
Stage 2:
Programming. Do your own research. SCT supports all custom tune files except Livernois.
Downpipes: midpipes, y pipes. O/R is catless, not street legal, and requires a tune to remove CEL code. Catted have high flow or green cats. Could still throw a CEL code, needing a tune to remove it.
Resonator: not much of a performance gain but a choke in the exhaust system. Twister resonator or none. No resonator increases exhaust note.
Intercooler. Do your own research again. Full race is a raised, grill mount, or FMIC. All others are factory location.

Stage 3:
Meth/water injection. Research it, I don't know enough to speculate.
Nitrous. Self explanatory.

Stage 4: Altering the power source
Turbo upgrade. Borgwarner K03 is factory turbos. Upgrade both turbos to a larger diameter turbo.
Single turbo: not sure if it was ever released to the public. Full-Race Single Turbo Kit | Full-Race.com

this is a list I threw together quickly. Feel free to comment on what should be changed or added and I'll edit it.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
About this Discussion
75 Replies
34 Participants
aboostedf150
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing