21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
If warranty is no concern I would do...
Tune, DP or Meth injection, CAC, intake/Exhaust, turbos. And add the other stuff (charge pipe, TB, etc) as funds allow.
I will be adding the injectors and HPFP when Bosch/ID releases them in hopes to be able to run straight E85 or damn near and keep my fuel trims completely in check.

·
Registered
902 Posts
This might not be a performance mod, but I think one thing every EcoBoost F150 owner needs is a catch can. Period!! You guys without a catch can, ought to see the crap I get out of mine. It would make you sick to know that that crap is circulating through your engine.
Catch can should be first mod.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I disagree on catch can. ... Maybe if you strictly racing and trying to get every drop out your intake. ..

I seen the can in person and wasn't impressed of how much it caught.

Do half a beer bottle to 26 gallons of fuel Cmon lol that's not enough to hurt anything. ..

*zips up flame suit*

*Sent from ..Back in Low Boost *

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Btw .. After talking to someone very knowledgeable in the ecoobost/performance world.

No bigger intercoolers are needed.
The stock ones are good til 700hp.

Also heard you run out of fuel before u ever max out the stock turbos.

Just sharing some info. ..

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Hmm interesting. You know a knowledgeable guy? No offense, but that doesn't offer much credibility

BOOSTING ON MY PARENTS BUDGET Y'ALL

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Anyone with a dyno/ performance shop who knows What they doing. . Already knows that.

But if u in the game of selling parts ...u get they point ;)

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Hmm. I don't know about the turbos. But intercooler? No one buys one for more horsepower. They buy it so it doesn't heat soak as fast if at all.

Boosting hard, boosting safe since 2013

·
Vendor
1,442 Posts
I never heat soaked mine enough to lose power FWIW

A couple runs down the track isn't enough to do it, but if you're horseing around off-road throwing your rpms all over the place while not moving very fast, you'll definitely notice.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
8 runs?

I data logged yesterday bunch of 0 to 100 runs iat were around 86 87.

What u have to do to heat soak it? lol

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
4 of the runs were 15 mins apart. ...i was beat in the head saying i was heat soaking. .. Just funny I never lost power. .

Usually I do 40 mins in between. .. and still was told I was heat soaking. . No power lost so I guess I'm crazy

·
Vendor
1,442 Posts
8 runs?

Take a 2WD truck with 3.15 gears and an open differential off-road. Needless to say, we only did it once or twice. ;)

Still, even if your truck is 4WD and more prepped, keeping the RPM range up for a significant amount of time while not moving all that fast will get those IATs up there pretty quick.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Hey hey. . Don't lie. . Those ecoboost with 3.15 gears 2wd are a beast !!!

·
Vendor
1,442 Posts
Hey hey. . Don't lie. . Those ecoboost with 3.15 gears 2wd are a beast !!!
LOL. Well, to be fair to the old gal, it never did get stuck (at least not yet), so there's that.

Honestly, one of the biggest reasons we put the Wagner on is that summers here so stupid hot and gas gets so stupid bad that we need every single degree Fahrenheit IAT drop just so the truck runs at least slightly less crappy than it otherwise would.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I had heat soak one time going up a 5% grade, hoping to eliminate that with the intercooler I just got.

Boosting hard, boosting safe since 2013

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
8 runs?

What was ambient?
I've got some pre ATP logs...I'll see if I can pull them up tonight.
IIRC, at 100°f ambient, I was seeing temps well above 150°.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
About this Discussion
75 Replies
34 Participants
aboostedf150
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing