F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I live in the swap... it gets hot but not like in the desert.

Yall must get thirsty in DAT heat .

*Sent from ..Back in Low Boost *

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am curious how each stage/level effects the 1/4 mile?

i know a lot has to do with the driver, but say if stock it runs 15.0 how fast would it be after stage 1,2,3 ect

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I am curious how each stage/level effects the 1/4 mile?

i know a lot has to do with the driver, but say if stock it runs 15.0 how fast would it be after stage 1,2,3 ect
Stock, they generally run 14.5, just a tune will get you to around 13.5...stage 1 (just an intake) is about the same, maybe .1...stage 2 (downpipes) will subtract .2-3, stage 3 (meth) will get you another .3

This is assuming custom tuning...those are just averages and depend alot on how the tune is setup, the driver and the conditions... ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Stock, they generally run 14.5, just a tune will get you to around 13.5...stage 1 (just an intake) is about the same, maybe .1...stage 2 (downpipes) will subtract .2-3, stage 3 (meth) will get you another .3

This is assuming custom tuning...those are just averages and depend alot on how the tune is setup, the driver and the conditions... ;)
Reeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhllllylyyyyyyyyyyy......!!!! *in my Jim Carrey voice.... :)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Stage 3,you should offer a kit with every single thing power wise that can be stuck in it...also you should give different choices of brands and if you have done research on the difference between each brand mix and match out comes list it with dyno graphs for each....I know its a lot of work,but it will help out your customers,and your bottom end.....I have just purchase a brand new 14 ecofx2 which i plan on killing the warranty day..every stock suspension piece is being removed,cutting the bed in 2,and notching the frame to add bags,lifting the cab up for mods,and then going to work on the power train since its easier to do it when apart,all before driving it once....So i for one would like to be able to have a honest review of all the major brands parts on the market,and the true power out put..we know with parts 1+1+1 may =2hp when bolt together...or sometimes with luck its 3hp,or even 4hp..
Some people do understand that small turbo's need a little back pressure unlike big motor's and big turbo's.. from what i have read these trucks are the same way,and the best exhuast is a 3inch as a 4 inch causes low end power loss with no real gain on top...having a section with little bit of good info helps us all if its power your looking for and not just a loud exhaust..
I do enjoy some of your video's...thks

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
This might not be a performance mod, but I think one thing every EcoBoost F150 owner needs is a catch can. Period!! You guys without a catch can, ought to see the crap I get out of mine. It would make you sick to know that that crap is circulating through your engine.
Catch can should be first mod.
I think thats got a lot to do with modern motors,if you put a catch can on almost any engine you will catch a lot of crap..the bigger the motor, higher rpm operated,or boosted you will see more vapor running through the system,its the whole reason for a PCV,its ran through the motor to burn it off,and the fuel system is tuned to use it believe it or not...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Anyone with a dyno/ performance shop who knows What they doing. . Already knows that.

But if u in the game of selling parts ...u get they point ;)

*Sent from ..Back in Low Boost *
If you think about it if the stock aircooler is collecting water its because its dropping the temp enough to pull water out of the air,and means its working just fine...
the aftermarket ones do make a little more power just because of the fact they do drop the temp even more,but its not a huge amount like on a TT427...
I am on the ledge about leaving the stock ACC,and just working around it,but in houston during the summer with the boost set much higher i still think every bit helps...
Who can blame a tuner shop for selling parts ? its like blaming a bodyshop for selling paint to just change the color of a car not needing repair...Power is like crack !!! got to have it...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not sure what "stage" I'll have but I just ordered the following.
AFE CAI
AFE charge pipe
SCT tuner
Solo off road down pipe
Solo Mach X dual outlet exhaust

·
Registered
301 Posts
How much and from where? What tuner are you gonna use for custom tunes.. Still trying to decide what combo to go with myself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would like the answers to the same question please, especially the power gained versus the money spent question as that is significant.

·
Registered
208 Posts
How much and from where? What tuner are you gonna use for custom tunes.. Still trying to decide what combo to go with myself.
I got it all from Stage 3 Performance, the tuner is SCT Livewire, custom tunes will be from 5 Star. Horsepower gains will be purely speculation until I actually get the truck on a dyno but going by similar mods that others have dyno'd I'd say on a 93 performance tune that 430-450 HP at the wheels would be attainable easily enough.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys, happy to have stumbled across this thread, made me create an account.
I'm looking to have a little more fun in my '13 FX4
AFE stage 2 intake
SCT X4
_______ exhaust?
Bladerunner charge pipe?

I don't have enough info on exhaust yet. 3"? 3.5? 4? I can't seem to find anything on backpressure, and what size will get optimal performance with no drawbacks. I want some extra tone, but I definitely don't need to be the loudest guy on the block. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would consider doing cat-less downpipes in the future, but would need to see more reliable hp/ftlbs before I spent the money. Again, any input helps a lot.
Cheers!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey guys, happy to have stumbled across this thread, made me create an account.
I'm looking to have a little more fun in my '13 FX4
AFE stage 2 intake
SCT X4
_______ exhaust?
Bladerunner charge pipe?

I don't have enough info on exhaust yet. 3"? 3.5? 4? I can't seem to find anything on backpressure, and what size will get optimal performance with no drawbacks. I want some extra tone, but I definitely don't need to be the loudest guy on the block. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would consider doing cat-less downpipes in the future, but would need to see more reliable hp/ftlbs before I spent the money. Again, any input helps a lot.
Cheers!
I really like the sound of my Solo Mach X exhaust, there is no drone and it's quiet with no rasp until you floor it. I also have the off road down pipe from Solo. I think I would stay away from a 4" cat back due to loss of low end. I also like the sound of the Stainless Works exhaust and almost went with it. You will enjoy the power gains.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really like the sound of my Solo Mach X exhaust, there is no drone and it's quiet with no rasp until you floor it. I also have the off road down pipe from Solo. I think I would stay away from a 4" cat back due to loss of low end. I also like the sound of the Stainless Works exhaust and almost went with it. You will enjoy the power gains.
Thanks for the info! If you end up getting on a dyno it would be awesome to hear the specs. I will be running a very similar setup, I'd be interested to know the numbers with the stock tune and bolt ons, and with the performance tune, and, with the electronic lock, as I've got one on my truck as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
430-450 whp is not as easy as one would think. There are very few members in that range. I guess I'm a stage 3 minus meth according to the first post!

I'm currently waiting on some new plugs and cooler temps to go back to the dyno with the latest tune from Erick...the pulls below were at about 100 degrees ambient. ;) I'm hoping to crack 400whp on 93 octane!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
430-450 whp is not as easy as one would think. There are very few members in that range. I guess I'm a stage 3 minus meth according to the first post!

I'm currently waiting on some new plugs and cooler temps to go back to the dyno with the latest tune from Erick...the pulls below were at about 100 degrees ambient. ;) I'm hoping to crack 400whp on 93 octane!

Some nice numbers, what type of dyno was this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
41 - 60 of 76 Posts
About this Discussion
75 Replies
34 Participants
aboostedf150
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing