F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Hey my lawn mower has 450rwhp ,lol...oh wait it's 4.5 hp...seriously though I doubt there is any chance your going to break 400rwhp with just the parts you have listed...only a few mortal men have broke the 430 -450 rwhp mark its not that easy...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Whatever it makes now is good enough honestly, I'd love to see high 4's to low 5's on Torque. I will eventually ad math I'm sure.

·
Registered
425 Posts
430-450 whp is not as easy as one would think. There are very few members in that range. I guess I'm a stage 3 minus meth according to the first post!

I'm currently waiting on some new plugs and cooler temps to go back to the dyno with the latest tune from Erick...the pulls below were at about 100 degrees ambient. ;) I'm hoping to crack 400whp on 93 octane!

389WHP and 558WTQ is pretty damn impressive!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Here is one i did For a new guy. Have no complaints about the op's op though.
From first to last. ( )= imo great vendor/ option.
.5: add wheep hole to intercooler.
1: spark plugs gaped to what tuner sugest.
1.5: lower temp thermostat.
2: tune (unleashed, leading edge tuning)
3: free flowing ecexhoust turbo back. (The stock muffler and tail pipe can stay to save money, its free flowing and 3")
4: progressive water/meth. (Devils own from leading edge tuning is to my knowledge the only bolt in kit, and is competitively priced relative to generic kits)
5: intercooler
6: intake (afe staige 2, full race,...)
7: upgrade turbos. (Leading edge tuning offers punched out stockers with new larger spining things, batmo compressor wheels that get bolted in to the stock units. I know there is more options)
8: throttle body, and all plumbing.
9: auxiliary fuel system. (Lots of aftermarket vendors working on it, ford also.)
10: or 9: rotating assembly.
11: nitrous note some guys run a small shot even close to stock in warmer climates.
12: header tuning, cams, head work,....................13.....14....15........

Some side notes that did not fit the way i layed this out.

with a larger in tank fule pump you can use up to 30 even 40% ethanol, with just a tune. Hopefully head gasket and studs will be available soon so if you want to run #7+ with some extra confidence Id do that, but not may guys have lifted heads. Our stock trans is good to 800 Hp. The rest of the drive train seams stout, as long as your controlling axl wrap.

2/100 from a #4 and the way i would go. This is a bit generic of a write up, and will obviously very based on preferences and build goals.

Also this is an extremely new platform, so aftermarket support is verry fluid

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is no one running E-85 tunes yet? On boosted cars this is one of the biggest upgrades in terms of performance. Meth tunes died as soon as good E-85 tunes came on the scene.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I am currently running an e30 tune in my 15... Still dialing it in tho

·
Registered
40 Posts
With E-85 you can advance timing and up boost pressure in a big way as it is 100+ Octane out the pump. At 2.00/gallon it is the cheapest form of race gas you can get. Only downside is fuel economy sucks. Surprised that has not caught on yet.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ya I am a farmer with money invested in ethanol plants.. I raise about 3000 acres of corn a year.. So I figure I might as well burn as much as I can

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I am currently running an e30 tune in my 15... Still dialing it in tho
How is the power of the tune? I mean drive-ability wise. I was curious about getting a 98 or 100 octane tune from Torrie, but wasn't sure if these 15's were quite up to the task without some serious upgrades.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Power is good.. I come from a 450rwhp/ 900ftlb built trans f250, so its hard to guess how much the tune added... But it definitely added.. Drives like near stock.. I had Torrie firm up the shifts more than he normally does tho.. I hate slow/sloppy stock shifts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know this may be different, I'd like to see a "fix-it package" with an intercooler, sparkplugs, and the option for a catchcan

·
Premium Member
3,180 Posts
if anyone is interested I am selling my SCT tuner with MPT Tunes. PM me. Will let it go for cheap.
You could post this in the for sale area of the forum, the mpt tunes you have will not work for anyone else.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
If the tuner is unlocked they would I believe?..I normally asked to keep the tune unlocked so I can play with it if I want to..or if I lost my sct I wouldn't have as much of a lissue..
although I sure it's sold by now..

61 - 76 of 76 Posts
About this Discussion
75 Replies
34 Participants
aboostedf150
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing