F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I freaking absolutely love my exhaust now since I did the muffler swap, the resonator delete wasn’t a very noticeable change for me when I did it, I was happy I didn’t spend much on it. But we all like what we like

I will admit though, I still chuckle a little inside when out and about and people complement my exhaust, which has happened quite a bit surprisingly.

When i first did the swap I wasn’t too sure about it but now it’s one of my many favorite mods, Even better it was only a little over $100, so happy I didn’t spend $1k plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could probably live with your exhaust, but under throttle i think it is still too loud for my taste.... even the cold start..... but I do agree with you, your set up does sound good!

So far the resonator delete with the exhaust cut after the axle and tucked under the bed (allows for more of an echo) is what I envisioned for sound...... Its raining, but I will try to get a cold start video this morning

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
other than liking the whistle, yours is pretty loud..........
It is definitely on the louder side, however, inside it is not bad, and even outside, its a "good" sounding loud. If that makes sense. Its not blatty or raspy, its nice and mellow with the FTE Diesel resonator. Its a longer version of the 18" Twister resonator. Inside and out was pretty loud before adding the resonator. Only reason I even got the MBRP 4' is because I got it used for $75 and my stock muffler was blowing out fiberglass and the flex pipe was broken

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Was this a direct fit or did you have to mod and exactly what mod was required?
I already had a 3” resonator delete so it was just a matter of cutting the oem muffler out and welding that one in and adding a couple hangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I am surprised how removing the resonator mad a big difference in exhaust tone with the stock muffler!!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts